Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

arianadrama
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by arianadrama »

Many many congrats on your son getting Arts Ed offer Riverdancefan - what an amazing achievement. My DS was in the Foundation recall room with your DS on Saturday at MV and despite many years in NYMT, seeing each others shows and lots of friends in common they had never actually met before! So there was a silver lining from a tough day! :D :D
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Thanks so much everyone for the kind and encouraging words.
I do feel it's the better fit for him and even better, ArtsEd think so too, I am relieved this part is over for us earlier than I expected.
Thinking of all still at the beginning of the process.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

arianadrama wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:22 pm Many many congrats on your son getting Arts Ed offer Riverdancefan - what an amazing achievement. My DS was in the Foundation recall room with your DS on Saturday at MV and despite many years in NYMT, seeing each others shows and lots of friends in common they had never actually met before! So there was a silver lining from a tough day! :D :D
How cool is that!! :D
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

riverdancefan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm Thanks so much everyone for the kind and encouraging words.
I do feel it's the better fit for him and even better, ArtsEd think so too, I am relieved this part is over for us earlier than I expected.
Huge congratulations on ArtsEd. Great achievement and I hope he loves it.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:21 am So amazing to hear such good news already. Congrats to all and fingers crossed for everyone else! My DD has been offered a place on the Btec Sixth Form course at Emil Dale. She loved the feel of the place and was so happy to have been offered. She has still got a few auditions booked though. It’s so difficult to know what to do for the best - to go straight for Diploma (subject to any offers of course!) or whether to do a Btec first (she’s currently 15). Keep questioning what’s right/wrong. Any advice??? Pros/cons?
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

My DC had an audition on Saturday for sixth form . They absolutely loved it ..They were kept on for an interview. How long before you heard? And is the interview a good sign ?
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Rhymie wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:18 pm
riverdancefan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 pm Thanks so much everyone for the kind and encouraging words.
Huge congratulations on ArtsEd. Great achievement and I hope he loves it.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Congratulations. My DS has an audition at arts ed in Feb . He did the boys day in October and loved it. Auditioned at Emil dale on Saturday loved that too. Also been offered a place at Tring for September 2019. He has a scholarship audition in March . 🤞
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hi all,

I am really trying hard to keep up with everyone's news and really hope I do not miss anyone :D

RDF - I've spoken to you and you know I think Arts Ed is perfect for T - massive congratulations !!

Starstruck - feel free to message re EDA and yes I would say an interview is a good sign.......

afab and lmum well done to your dc's for the foundation offers.

We have Mountview on Saturday - prepared for the brutally of it now :shock:
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

afab wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 pm So DD went to Birmingham Conservatoire today and got an email this afternoon saying she didn’t get a recall but seems to have been offered the foundation course if I understand the email right! It isn’t very clear... A phone call on Monday will be needed I believe... 🧐
Hi, this is possible, My DD was auditioning last year, not BC but Performers, she didn't get through to interview stage, only 4 were called back but later received a letter through the post offering her the foundation course. Not sure if this helps anyone. x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Hello all
LivvyVicky and myself have DCs at EDA 6th form, we can’t recommend it enough and I’m sure both her and myself would be happy to answer any queries you may have, if we can.
If you want to see the 6th form in action then they are performing In the Heights next May. We went to see Les mis there and the standard of the production helped us to make our minds up about EDA.
I can hand on heart say that my son’s dancing has improved beyond what I could have envisioned there. His confidence and ability and auction technique has been improved no end with the staff at EDA.
Last edited by riverdancefan on Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Thanks for that RDF - always good to hear a recommendation and insight into how good the training is .
Livvyvicky best of luck to DD for MV on Saturday
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Livvyvicky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm
afab and lmum well done to your dc's for the foundation offers.
Thank you Liyvyvicky!
Well done to everybody with offers! Good luck to the ones still auditioning!

DD has Rose Bruford tomorrow... We'll have to fight the M25 early morning! Not looking forward to it at all! :?
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Newbe2018 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:02 pm
afab wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:28 pm So DD went to Birmingham Conservatoire today and got an email this afternoon saying she didn’t get a recall but seems to have been offered the foundation course if I understand the email right! It isn’t very clear... A phone call on Monday will be needed I believe... 🧐
Hi, this is possible, My DD was auditioning last year, not BC but Performers, she didn't get through to interview stage, only 4 were called back but later received a letter through the post offering her the foundation course. Not sure if this helps anyone. x
Thanks Newbe! It does. I did call BC today and yes, it is an offer! Wow! I didn't expect that at all, I was focused on BA courses, but DD being very young, a foundation sounds good...
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Starstruck39 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm My DC had an audition on Saturday for sixth form . They absolutely loved it ..They were kept on for an interview. How long before you heard? And is the interview a good sign ?
My DD heard just over a week later. Although I think the “no”s were sent by email within a few day. Interview is definitely a good sign. Let us know. Best of luck!