Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by riverdancefan »

Starstruck39 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:41 am dS got two offers for ,6th form Tring and Will dale.. as a single earner gonna be tough to get him there.. got a Tring scholarship audition in march. Not sure if this is appropriate and if not I apologise.. but on a mission to raise money.. lots of fundraising in the pipeline but if anyone has a spare few pounds we would be so grateful if you would donate to our go fund me page

https://www.gofundme.com/profile/vini-llloyd-iaznm

Thank you and merry Christmas all
Good luck with the fund raising but I would imagine 99% of us are in the same boat struggling to fund our own kids.. it’s really tough out there , have you spoken directly with Emil?
It’s always worth an ask, an email. what about local funding ? There are sometimes grants available from local councils ... youth development funds etc... try them all x
Even a few pounds helps
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Thanks Riverdance just hoping for a wannabe performer with a spare was of cash I guess 😂😂 merry Christmas and good luck everyone
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Good luck with fundraising, we did reasonably well with go fund me ,however we now face problems over the next year which may mean we will have to make decisions about my daughter continuing her training.
She was offered a place at Tring and we had to decline as after scholarship audition was offered a small amount.
I know full,50% and 20% were offered and there are a lot there on the day.
Do you know any family members who are Freemasons? They offer good funding for those in the arts.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

No unfortunately not . I suppose we ll have to pray for a full scholarship! What did the Tring scholarship audition entail? Anyone know how much a host family costs too? 😀
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I can't remember I think 2 different songs from original audition,they chose which one they wanted, group dance and monologue. Also a quite in depth scholarship form to fill in,including make and model of car.
mine quite enjoyed it,got to know others well ,some of who accepted scholarships and also many who didn't.
Not sure if they have got Dada's up and running again. We were told that there was no boarding place available so would have to be host but didn't investigate Tring ones.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Hi thanks for info . Scholarship audition is with boarding. So fingers crossed . Where did your dad choose in the end ?
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Post by arianadrama »

GSA recall email just in for DS. PHEW! \:D/
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Arianadrama Fantastic. Well done to your DS exciting!
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Ooh well done to your DS Arianadrama.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

arianadrama wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:59 pm GSA recall email just in for DS. PHEW! \:D/
wonderful news for Christmas well done :-)
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Starstruck39 Emil Dale, fantastic choice,was offered Brit School too but loved the audition day at EDA.
That's great accommodation offered too,maybe more rooms available for boys?
So hard and this we will think is the easy bit in years to co e!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Starstruck39 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:33 pm Thanks Riverdance just hoping for a wannabe performer with a spare was of cash I guess 😂😂 merry Christmas and good luck everyone
have sent you a pm x
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
Harrypottermouse
Nominee

Post by Harrypottermouse »

Fullmoon wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 pm With risk of repeating what others have said, 11 is a huge undertaking! Given the schools you have listed maybe you should consider going to the CDET conference as they’ll all be there under one roof and you can chat to them more about their course content. Your DD can also attend master classes and then you can watch performances by them all in the afternoon, which is a great way to see their style and standard. This might help you to focus and streamline which ones really are worth auditioning for....Good Luck :D
Hi - you mention CDET - I am a new parent in this game - what would that be - I have 1 child already in 6th form looking at her future and one on her heels in Year 9. My second daughter will be starting with WEK Training in Jan (again new to us) but I am realising I have a rapid learning curve. As I am responsible for both of their educations - would the CDET thing be something worth my while attending with them both (they are going in different directions phew) to help shape their future training and education? Many thanks
2leftfeetmyself
Nominee

Post by 2leftfeetmyself »

arianadrama wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:59 pm GSA recall email just in for DS. PHEW! \:D/
Huge congratulations to DS for recall, first we have heard of for GSA =D> =D> =D> =D> .
Last edited by 2leftfeetmyself on Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

CDET has now changed name I think to CDMT - its the council? for dance, drama and musical theatre education. The conferences tend to be twice a year and are a chance for the children to take masterclasses with some of the schools and parents to learn about the application and funding processes and ask questions about course content too, all with a showcase at the end.
https://cdmt.org.uk/advocacy/cdmt-careers-conference