Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Lmum
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Lmum »

Hi, is anyone at EDA this weekend? can anyone recommend good things to do whilst waiting seeing as it’s forecast to be cold! Also how long do they take to send out results for MT Foundation/Gap year?
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Scarytimes wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:58 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm Hey scarytimes,

Dd’s Friend was asked to stay for interview (which went well) and then found out a week later about the waiting list.........

Thanks guys :D
Sounds really promising to me. Good luck to her/him!

I remember Candafitt’s DS was on reserve list for GSA for a time last year and eventually went to Trinity Laban instead of waiting until the end, but reserve and waiting may be very different things. I don’t see why they shouldn’t ring in a few weeks when GSA have done a few more recalls.
My dc was recalled last year got through to interview in the afternoon then offered place on the spot, not sure if they still do that this year as I know things have changed now.
Best of luck to everyone . X
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Might be worth mentioning that some of the colleges have formed an alliance. I think it's called AMTC. If you are planning to audition then at least one of these colleges should probably be on your list. Good luck to those going into audition time. Stay well x
reachforthestars
GRAMMY Award

Post by reachforthestars »

Best of luck to everyone auditioning for 2019 places, hope it’s going well! My Dd auditioned at Laine, Arts Ed, Mountview, Central, GSA and the Royal College of Music. With the exception of Mountview she was recalled at all. She was offered Foundation at Arts Ed and a scholarship on the day of audition at Laine. She’s now in 2nd year at Laine and loving every single minute. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have, I know how confusing and sometimes stressful it can be. I’m very much of the “let the college choose you” vibe. If they want you, it’s because they see something in you that they like. This first year and a bit at Laine have been a dream!
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Robin64 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 pm Might be worth mentioning that some of the colleges have formed an alliance. I think it's called AMTC. If you are planning to audition then at least one of these colleges should probably be on your list. Good luck to those going into audition time. Stay well x
Just to be precise: they are MT colleges, not straight drama ones. Hope it helps!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Robin64 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:18 pm Might be worth mentioning that some of the colleges have formed an alliance. I think it's called AMTC. If you are planning to audition then at least one of these colleges should probably be on your list. Good luck to those going into audition time. Stay well x
Yes. The Association of Musical Theatre Conservatoires - Bird, GSA, Arts Ed, Mountview and Urdang.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Lmum wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 pm Hi, is anyone at EDA this weekend? can anyone recommend good things to do whilst waiting seeing as it’s forecast to be cold! Also how long do they take to send out results for MT Foundation/Gap year?
My DS will be there on Saturday - I think they take about 2 weeks to send out results. This is the first of 6 auditions for him - one of which is GSA recall. Fingers crossed he gets a 3 year course this year (on Foundation at GSA this year having turned down 2 - 3 year offers :roll:
)
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Good luck to your DS Sailorgirluae. If anyone fancies coffee or lunch in the Mill room pub I’ll probably be the one in the corner on my own with an iPad and a book 😂
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

sailorgirluae wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:41 am
Lmum wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:50 pm Hi, is anyone at EDA this weekend? can anyone recommend good things to do whilst waiting seeing as it’s forecast to be cold! Also how long do they take to send out results for MT Foundation/Gap year?
My DS will be there on Saturday - I think they take about 2 weeks to send out results. This is the first of 6 auditions for him - one of which is GSA recall. Fingers crossed he gets a 3 year course this year (on Foundation at GSA this year having turned down 2 - 3 year offers :roll:
)
I can’t believe it has come round again so soon. I’ve got my fingers crossed for him xx
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Good luck to you guys at EDA this weekend !
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Scarytimes wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:13 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:41 am
)
I can’t believe it has come round again so soon. I’ve got my fingers crossed for him xx
He's just called me and is gutted as he didn't get a call back this year. (was one of his offers last year) - its so hard not being able to be with him. Onwards and upwards - Trinity next.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

sailorgirluae wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:22 pm He's just called me and is gutted as he didn't get a call back this year. (was one of his offers last year) - its so hard not being able to be with him. Onwards and upwards - Trinity next.
Oh no! The first one is always tricky. I have every confidence the right place will snap him up this year. Wonder how they feel about students who have turned them down before???
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

So sorry to hear your news salirgirluae - it’s so hard when we can’t be there - good luck for the next one .
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sailorgirluae so sorry x keep going x We all know what your going through and it’s a feeling not forgotten but it will work out in the end and those amazing hopes and dreams for your child will return x
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Know how you and your DS feeling right now sailorgirluae :cry: - no recall for my DD today either . Think she spent quite a bit of time talking to your DS though if he’s ‘M’? - small world ! Wish I’d known I’d have given him a big hug from you ( hope that doesn’t sound too weird!!) Best of luck for rest of auditions and I’m sure it will work out for him and he’ll find the right place xx