Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Sherbert »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:32 am Supper frustrated - DS has his ArtsEd audition tomorrow and he has come down with a throat infection 😥😥. Phone Arts but no spaces left on any of the remaining auditions so rescheduling isn’t an option! 🙏 he feels better tomorrow.
Best of luck to him sailorgirl xx
I think is the last week or so for Arts - that’s probably why they can’t slot him in on another date xx.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Will also be hoping for a very quick recovery for your DS sailorgirluae and that the adrenaline will see him through the day !
Best of luck to him for tomorrow .
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:32 am Supper frustrated - DS has his ArtsEd audition tomorrow and he has come down with a throat infection 😥😥. Phone Arts but no spaces left on any of the remaining auditions so rescheduling isn’t an option! 🙏 he feels better tomorrow.
Oh no, how frustrating. Really hope he’s better in the morning. Plenty of honey and lemon.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Felicity wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:59 pm
Oh no, how frustrating. Really hope he’s better in the morning. Plenty of honey and lemon.
Lots of weird remidies being recommended by his friends - he is hopefull something will work. What will be will be.
Tiredmumofthree
Nominee

Post by Tiredmumofthree »

Morning, does anyone have any experience of the recall day at RWCMD? Many thanks
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

Ref Bird Reserve list:-
Hi there, I was told some time ago when ringing the college that at some point an email will go out part way through auditions to see if those on the reserve list still want to keep their place on it.
Has anybody received this email as yet or have any idea if when this normally is? Thanks in advance x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Hi Givemestrength22
My Daughter is on the Reserve list for degree at Bird. I hadn't heard about an email to check id she still wants to be on the list and we haven't received anything. Dd's letter says she is unlikely to hear anything more from Bird until the end of June ! ... Might be different for Diploma ?
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Hi Littleone,
It was back in January when I rang to ask a few questions with regards to the list. My DD is on the reserve for degree also.
I was told an email would be sent part way through the process to see if the early auditionees still wanted their places. Realistically though, I don’t think any movement will happen until 2 weeks after the last auditions when the last letters have gone out x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Ah -Ok .. Thanks Givemestrength22 ....Certainly makes sense to check ....will let you know if we hear anything :D
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Thanks Littleone, yes, will let you know also. It’s such a long wait especially for the ones that auditioned early. X
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

I’m delighted to report that my dd’s 12 friends who recently auditioned have received a total of 4 offers to LSC, 2 for Bird, 4 for MGA , 2 for Laine , 1 to Bodyworks, 1 to Stella Mann, 3 to Brighton and 1 to Urdang . There are also recalls to several London colleges . A lot of decisions to be made after recalls . My dd was so disappointed that she couldn’t audition .
All the best to everyone.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

So the voice held out (just) for his audition today followed by a very good dance audition (apparently - his words) and he made the recall to the afternoon session which he is made up about. Now we have to wait! He is over analysing his monologues trying to compare with the others that were recalled as he did not receive any direction on his and thinks this may be a 'bad thing'?? Only time will tell! I hate this waiting bit - how they cope with it all is beyond me!
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

So glad your DS got through today. Huge well done to him! We saw their Newsies which was truly excellent - and read today that the lead will be playing Joseph. A great place to train. Hope your DS gets an offer!
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Thats great news Sailorgirluae :D .... Was hoping you'd post how it went ! Will keep fingers crossed for good news !
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

sailorgirluae wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 pm So the voice held out (just) for his audition today followed by a very good dance audition (apparently - his words) and he made the recall to the afternoon session which he is made up about. Now we have to wait! He is over analysing his monologues trying to compare with the others that were recalled as he did not receive any direction on his and thinks this may be a 'bad thing'?? Only time will tell! I hate this waiting bit - how they cope with it all is beyond me!
Great news! And what a relief. Just the wait now...
Btw I think my DD spoke to your DS (does his first name begin with M?) at the audition today? She also spoke to him at her GSA audition. They had a chat and she was made up that he got a recall today! DD and her friends were just outside as they were waiting for their audition interviews.