Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Has anyone heard of, or had experience of, this? One of DD’s best friends auditioned at Bird in January and received a place on the reserve list. She has then had an email today saying that she has been taken off the reserve list! I’ve been following this, and a few other, threads on here for a while and never seen this before. I’ve told DD to tell her friend to check the email isn’t asking if she wants to stay on the reserve list but she’s adamant it’s not. Just seems a bit odd as Bird haven’t even finished auditioning yet!
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 pm Has anyone heard of, or had experience of, this? One of DD’s best friends auditioned at Bird in January and received a place on the reserve list. She has then had an email today saying that she has been taken off the reserve list! I’ve been following this, and a few other, threads on here for a while and never seen this before. I’ve told DD to tell her friend to check the email isn’t asking if she wants to stay on the reserve list but she’s adamant it’s not. Just seems a bit odd as Bird haven’t even finished auditioning yet!
Are you sure it's not to find out If she wants to remain on the reserve list? Because that does tend to come out around this time so that those with multiple offers make a decision and therefore free up places for those on the reserve list.x
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

smallbythesea wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:16 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:30 pm Has anyone heard of, or had experience of, this? One of DD’s best friends auditioned at Bird in January and received a place on the reserve list. She has then had an email today saying that she has been taken off the reserve list! I’ve been following this, and a few other, threads on here for a while and never seen this before. I’ve told DD to tell her friend to check the email isn’t asking if she wants to stay on the reserve list but she’s adamant it’s not. Just seems a bit odd as Bird haven’t even finished auditioning yet!
Are you sure it's not to find out If she wants to remain on the reserve list? Because that does tend to come out around this time so that those with multiple offers make a decision and therefore free up places for those on the reserve list.x

That’s what I said to check but apparently it’s not, which is what surprised me.
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:47 am

That’s what I said to check but apparently it’s not, which is what surprised me.
Morning,
I believe we may have received the same email yesterday. DD also auditioned in January.
The email, however is not from Bird but from Greenwich university so I’m wandering if UCAS are updating and have to class it as a decline (as it isn’t yet an offer?)
The email was not nice to read and very upsetting as so randomly out the blue. 3 months after audition! If it had come around the time of the initial reserve list letter it would have made more sense.
Not making it into the college from the reserve list is fair enough but to read the way this letter was worded, I have to say that we too thought it was taking DD off the list.
I’m pretty certain Bird would have been in touch if this was the case and the the university. I hope I’m right x
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Soclose wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:04 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:47 am

Morning,
I believe we may have received the same email yesterday. DD also auditioned in January.
The email, however is not from Bird but from Greenwich university so I’m wandering if UCAS are updating and have to class it as a decline (as it isn’t yet an offer?)
The email was not nice to read and very upsetting as so randomly out the blue. 3 months after audition! If it had come around the time of the initial reserve list letter it would have made more sense.
Not making it into the college from the reserve list is fair enough but to read the way this letter was worded, I have to say that we too thought it was taking DD off the list.
I’m pretty certain Bird would have been in touch if this was the case and the the university. I hope I’m right x
I’ll get her to ask but that makes much more sense, you’d think Bird would’ve warned you this would happen though wouldn’t you as her friend now think that’s it, that was the only offer she had so she thinks it’s game over.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Morning ... I am also wondering if this email is UCAS taking Bird off the 'track' .... My DD's original letter said that having been put on Reserve List rather than a definite place Bird would disappear from her UCAS portal (or something similar) and I was surprised that it was still showing when I last saw her UCAS page .. about 3w ago . I will ask DD later if she has also received this email - she's not mentioned it but is away so may not have checked !
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Hi, yes absolutely to both of the above... we had a very upset DD last night as a result of this letter and I can see why anybody would be.
I only spoke to Bird recently regarding the list and surely they would have said. I’m sure they don’t pick people to remove from the list randomly. It must be UCAS updating. I’ll make a call or two and get back if I find out x
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Hi again,

It has been confirmed by Bird College that this is not them taking anyone off the reserve list and the email is worded by the university and not them.
An email will come out to confirm this. X
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Soclose wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:02 am Hi again,

It has been confirmed by Bird College that this is not them taking anyone off the reserve list and the email is worded by the university and not them.
This thread is the best, I’ve messaged DD’s friend who is now over moon and ringing Bird just to confirm for peace of mind. She sent me the email and I must admit I can see why she would think it was game over.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

My DD has received the same email ! Many thanks for clarifying with Bird So Close :D
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Scary times - no they haven’t heard anything else .........yet
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Livvyvicky wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:45 pm Scary times - no they haven’t heard anything else .........yet
Fingers crossed then...
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am

This thread is the best, I’ve messaged DD’s friend who is now over moon and ringing Bird just to confirm for peace of mind. She sent me the email and I must admit I can see why she would think it was game over.
If it's any help, dd was on reserve for bird last year, her application on UCAS was removed, but later when she received an offer was re-added for her to select. I can only recommend if anyone has any concerns to call the college, They are extremely helpful. Best of luck xx
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Newbe2018 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:07 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:54 am

If it's any help, dd was on reserve for bird last year, her application on UCAS was removed, but later when she received an offer was re-added for her to select. I can only recommend if anyone has any concerns to call the college, They are extremely helpful. Best of luck xx
Thank you for this, all sorted now...we received emails today from the college stating our positions on the reserve list are not affected by the university rejection email. x
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

DD got an email from Bird yesterday saying still on reserve so I’m assuming everyone will get them soon. The good news for her is that she got the acceptance letter from Laine-she is absolutely over the moon and fortunately for us accepting the Laine foundation above other three year offers really worked out. It’s been an incredibly demanding year physically and emotionally but she really feels ready to start the next chapter now . Good luck to all those still waiting xx