Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Soclose
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Soclose »

MTlover123 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:18 pm DD got an email from Bird yesterday saying still on reserve so I’m assuming everyone will get them soon. The good news for her is that she got the acceptance letter from Laine-she is absolutely over the moon and fortunately for us accepting the Laine foundation above other three year offers really worked out. It’s been an incredibly demanding year physically and emotionally but she really feels ready to start the next chapter now . Good luck to all those still waiting xx
Absolutely fantastic news! Well done to your DD and good luck to everyone else still waiting or still auditioning! The end is nigh!
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Did anyone else’s DC do Central auditions recently. It’s been 2 weeks since my DS did his but still waiting to hear if he has made the final recall - anyone else in the same situation? The whole waiting game is so stressful!
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

MTlover123 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:18 pm DD got an email from Bird yesterday saying still on reserve so I’m assuming everyone will get them soon. The good news for her is that she got the acceptance letter from Laine-she is absolutely over the moon and fortunately for us accepting the Laine foundation above other three year offers really worked out. It’s been an incredibly demanding year physically and emotionally but she really feels ready to start the next chapter now . Good luck to all those still waiting xx
Thats great news MTlover :D Congratulations to your DD !
Wondering when she auditioned at Laine? as DD was there last Thursday and I think there were approx 9 Laine foundation students auditioning ! :)
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Lots of congrats for your DD. So glad it has worked out!
DebbieDOos
Nominee

Post by DebbieDOos »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 pm Did anyone else’s DC do Central auditions recently. It’s been 2 weeks since my DS did his but still waiting to hear if he has made the final recall - anyone else in the same situation? The whole waiting game is so stressful!
Yes my DD is waiting also from Central from same audition 2 weeks ago. hoping it is this week we find out before Easter 🐣. She really loved the day. Not heard about anyone getting any news yet either
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Littleone wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:41 pm
Thats great news MTlover :D Congratulations to your DD !
Wondering when she auditioned at Laine? as DD was there last Thursday and I think there were approx 9 Laine foundation students auditioning ! :)
You’re not wrong your DD did get a very foundation heavy day, my DD was on the Monday, all of foundation have heard now through letters or calls, if your DD hasn’t heard I would call. Apparently very competitive this year and not entirely predictable. Hope it was/is good news for your DD xx
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

DebbieDOos wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:01 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 pm Did anyone else’s DC do Central auditions recently. It’s been 2 weeks since my DS did his but still waiting to hear if he has made the final recall - anyone else in the same situation? The whole waiting game is so stressful!
Yes my DD is waiting also from Central from same audition 2 weeks ago. hoping it is this week we find out before Easter 🐣. She really loved the day. Not heard about anyone getting any news yet either
Glad it’s not just us waiting then. Good luck to your DD. I really hope they find out before Easter the refresh button on his email will be worn out otherwise :lol:
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Morning,

Glad you guys got the bird waiting list sorted, that is the beauty of this site! Lots of good news coming through, good luck to those waiting on Central.

Reading through the comments it shows how everyone if different and although we all have the same end goal every route is different depending on each DC and their circumstances whether it be foundation, diploma or degree, or even a year out. I feel like we are going through it ten fold routing for old friends and dd's new friends. This site represents such a hardworking and determined group of young people as well as their parents (who are possibly just going slightly mad :shock: ) Throughout this process we have had some incredibly tough news and some absolutely fantastic news. I have everything crossed that our dc's find their PLACE.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Livvyvicky - couldn't agree more. Also so reassuring that the college my DD chose and yours are producing some very talented students who have done so,so well in their auditions,I have been recently getting news about their offers from my DD who is delighted for them, I have no idea who they are but pleased for them all the same!

I can't believe that later year will be her turn to apply and audition.
How lovely that in this competitive industry we can all give support to each other.
confusedmum101
Nominee

Post by confusedmum101 »

Hi everyone

I am a newby to this although have spent far too many late nights reading everyone else’s posts trying to work out what next! My DD did A’levels then auditioned last year and was put on Arden reserves before ending up at their associated college on HNC musical theatre. She only applied through UCAS however and one was a local college so a wasted option as we knew little about the whole subject. This year after 8 auditions - GSA, Italia Conti, Trinity Laban, Arden, RCS, Bird, Mountview and Arts Ed she has been offered a Pre-professional Course at Bird, 3 year diploma at PPA and is on PPA BA reserve list. She has also been offered at free audition for Mountview Foundation and still has an audition to go to at Emil Dale. We have always agreed we could not fund a course privately but she convinced us it would be good experience to audition at Mountview and Arts Ed - we also have one at Uni for another 2 years. Of course now I am feeling torn - do we wait it out for a possible reserve, keep fingers crossed for Emil Dale or try to fund Bird? Has anyone got any knowledge of the Bird Course - will it really help her on her journey or am I accumulating unnecessary debt - will a year out help - will she fall behind and end up with even fewer options next year - she says she may apply to more places that are dance led for MT - how often do people bump from reserve to degree course? Is PPA the place to go - college recommended PPA but it but it doesn’t seem to figure much on this site. Then there is Emil Dale - do they make late offers - what about their gap year course? I am so confused and of course the Bird offer is only open for a few days and I have no idea what the cost of living is - if there are other hidden costs- could she fit in a job to boost the finances? So many questions - I hope someone can help please, and thank you for reading.
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Congratulations to your daughter on the offers, my DD knows of a few very talented girls who have also been offered the pre voc at Bird, it was obviously very competitive this year. My DD is about to complete her foundation and has been very lucky with the offers she’s received. It has been very demanding but she really has given it 100 per cent and for her it has worked out. She was offered 3 year courses last year but decided if her current college thought she wasn’t ready then she wasn’t, she cannot believe how far she has come this year and admits that she would have been out of her depth on a three year course, she now feels confident on embarking on her course in September. I think embarking on a three year course after A’Levels is incredibly challenging and those already in full time training have an advantage so that extra year allows them to catch up. Having said all that I know that some still don’t get into their dream college so if she likes PPA I would seriously consider it. Good luck with your decision making-I genuinely think that it all works out for the best in the end.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

confusedmum101 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm Hi everyone

I am a newby to this although have spent far too many late nights reading everyone else’s posts trying to work out what next! My DD did A’levels then auditioned last year and was put on Arden reserves before ending up at their associated college on HNC musical theatre. She only applied through UCAS however and one was a local college so a wasted option as we knew little about the whole subject. This year after 8 auditions - GSA, Italia Conti, Trinity Laban, Arden, RCS, Bird, Mountview and Arts Ed she has been offered a Pre-professional Course at Bird, 3 year diploma at PPA and is on PPA BA reserve list. She has also been offered at free audition for Mountview Foundation and still has an audition to go to at Emil Dale. We have always agreed we could not fund a course privately but she convinced us it would be good experience to audition at Mountview and Arts Ed - we also have one at Uni for another 2 years. Of course now I am feeling torn - do we wait it out for a possible reserve, keep fingers crossed for Emil Dale or try to fund Bird? Has anyone got any knowledge of the Bird Course - will it really help her on her journey or am I accumulating unnecessary debt - will a year out help - will she fall behind and end up with even fewer options next year - she says she may apply to more places that are dance led for MT - how often do people bump from reserve to degree course? Is PPA the place to go - college recommended PPA but it but it doesn’t seem to figure much on this site. Then there is Emil Dale - do they make late offers - what about their gap year course? I am so confused and of course the Bird offer is only open for a few days and I have no idea what the cost of living is - if there are other hidden costs- could she fit in a job to boost the finances? So many questions - I hope someone can help please, and thank you for reading.
Have sent you a PM if you don’t get it let me know x
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Hello and congratulations on her offers so far! There are so many with no offers at all, so that is an achievement in itself. I think she has to ask herself where she felt most comfortable. Where can she see herself, after all, it is her life for the next few years. From what I know, gap years are recommended mainly for the straight acting courses, as very few students get in first time around. If she takes a gap year to earn money, she would have to keep up with regular dance sessions, to keep her at the optimum fitness and skills level, ready to re-audition. That could be a big ask if she is working full time. Is the diploma at PPA funded? If not, maybe the foundation at Bird would be a better bet. They are well known for their high level of dance, so if this is the route she wants to go down, it could be money and time well-invested. Bird also are known for offering late and moving people from course to course. Good luck!
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

will PM you x
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am
Soclose wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:04 am
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:47 am

That’s what I said to check but apparently it’s not, which is what surprised me.
Morning,
I believe we may have received the same email yesterday. DD also auditioned in January.
The email, however is not from Bird but from Greenwich university so I’m wandering if UCAS are updating and have to class it as a decline (as it isn’t yet an offer?)
The email was not nice to read and very upsetting as so randomly out the blue. 3 months after audition! If it had come around the time of the initial reserve list letter it would have made more sense.
Not making it into the college from the reserve list is fair enough but to read the way this letter was worded, I have to say that we too thought it was taking DD off the list.
I’m pretty certain Bird would have been in touch if this was the case and the the university. I hope I’m right x
I’ll get her to ask but that makes much more sense, you’d think Bird would’ve warned you this would happen though wouldn’t you as her friend now think that’s it, that was the only offer she had so she thinks it’s game over.
When my DD auditioned and was put on reserve for Bird the letter offering reserve did say that she would be declined by Uni of Greenwich so that does make sense. We also received an email about 3 times asking if we wanted to stay on reserve as like you say some have numerous offers