Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

arianadrama
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by arianadrama »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:11 pm Did anyone else’s DC do Central auditions recently. It’s been 2 weeks since my DS did his but still waiting to hear if he has made the final recall - anyone else in the same situation? The whole waiting game is so stressful!
we haven't heard either after DS auditioning 2 weeks ago......
confusedmum101
Nominee

Post by confusedmum101 »

MTlover123 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:53 pm Congratulations to your daughter on the offers, my DD knows of a few very talented girls who have also been offered the pre voc at Bird, it was obviously very competitive this year. My DD is about to complete her foundation and has been very lucky with the offers she’s received. It has been very demanding but she really has given it 100 per cent and for her it has worked out. She was offered 3 year courses last year but decided if her current college thought she wasn’t ready then she wasn’t, she cannot believe how far she has come this year and admits that she would have been out of her depth on a three year course, she now feels confident on embarking on her course in September. I think embarking on a three year course after A’Levels is incredibly challenging and those already in full time training have an advantage so that extra year allows them to catch up. Having said all that I know that some still don’t get into their dream college so if she likes PPA I would seriously consider it. Good luck with your decision making-I genuinely think that it all works out for the best in the end.
Thank you, your comments really helped DD realise that she has done well to get these offers - it is easy to believe everyone else has succeeded even though she knows this is not so - Bird was where she felt most comfortable and I think she will definitely benefit from a more intensive year so I need to do some sums now! Good luck to your DD on her course.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:53 am
Starstruck39 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:42 pm Anyone have a DC starting ArtsEd sixth form in September?
Yes! I do.

Hi ..is your DC staying with a host family ? Have you started looking?
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

dancemom43 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:32 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:29 am
Soclose wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:04 am
Morning,
I believe we may have received the same email yesterday. DD also auditioned in January.
The email, however is not from Bird but from Greenwich university so I’m wandering if UCAS are updating and have to class it as a decline (as it isn’t yet an offer?)
The email was not nice to read and very upsetting as so randomly out the blue. 3 months after audition! If it had come around the time of the initial reserve list letter it would have made more sense.
Not making it into the college from the reserve list is fair enough but to read the way this letter was worded, I have to say that we too thought it was taking DD off the list.
I’m pretty certain Bird would have been in touch if this was the case and the the university. I hope I’m right x
I’ll get her to ask but that makes much more sense, you’d think Bird would’ve warned you this would happen though wouldn’t you as her friend now think that’s it, that was the only offer she had so she thinks it’s game over.
When my DD auditioned and was put on reserve for Bird the letter offering reserve did say that she would be declined by Uni of Greenwich so that does make sense. We also received an email about 3 times asking if we wanted to stay on reserve as like you say some have numerous offers
Not sure if this year’s letter said it or not so was a panicked friend who is now very happy she is still on the reserve list! Do they hugely over subscribe the reserve list at Bird as that is the only one I seem to read about, you don’t hear much about the Performers reserve list so wondered if they add so many more to it. Fingers crossed she’ll be successful but it does make you wonder what percentage on their list actually end up with a place.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

I'm also interested in how the Bird reserve list works numbers wise. Performers seems to work a bit differently . My DD and some others we know are on a Performers 'Waiting list' rather than Reserve List . At audition DD was told they audition everyone before offering places - (which makes a lot of sense to me :) ) and so we would hear form them at the end of March. We haven't heard anything yet... which makes me wonder whether the waiting List is actually a Reserve list after all ?? Has anyone else in DD's heard from Performers yet ?
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

My daughters friend (male) was offered a place at Performers straight away. He auditioned on 25th March. I know that less boys audition so that may make a difference. Good luck to you DC x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

joluth1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 am My daughters friend (male) was offered a place at Performers straight away. He auditioned on 25th March. I know that less boys audition so that may make a difference. Good luck to you DC x
Hi Joluth - I have also heard of a few being offered places straightaway :) Well done to your DD's friend =D> .. but seems to be the minority . Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong . I am guessing there are still quite a few on the Waiting list !
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

Littleone wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:51 am
joluth1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:25 am My daughters friend (male) was offered a place at Performers straight away. He auditioned on 25th March. I know that less boys audition so that may make a difference. Good luck to you DC x
Hi Joluth - I have also heard of a few being offered places straightaway :) Well done to your DD's friend =D> .. but seems to be the minority . Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong . I am guessing there are still quite a few on the Waiting list !
Yes I guess so. Waiting list/reserve list - it is all torture!! Good luck
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

My DD is currently on Performers Pre Voc - she auditioned on March 28th for 3 year course - thankfully offered a place, letter received 2 days later. Some degree students were offered on the day and some told they were on the reserve list after 2 days. Only 6 students so far ( will probably be a few more) were offered places from the Pre-Voc course, of which there are 30 girls of different ages. The acceptances need to be back at Performers by April 19th so those on reserve list will probably not hear until after Easter, possibly early May. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear.x
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Hi there, Reserve list of great interest here too and also, can anybody share their thoughts and experiences on late auditions.
DD is auditioning at Italia Conti in May (last audition day)
Originally the date was in March but we had to change it as it clashed with a drama exam and this was the only date left?
I imagine spaces will be minimal at that point especially if there isn’t a reserve list.

Thanks in advance
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

lyndahill wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:00 am
My DD is currently on Performers Pre Voc - she auditioned on March 28th for 3 year course - thankfully offered a place, letter received 2 days later. Some degree students were offered on the day and some told they were on the reserve list after 2 days. Only 6 students so far ( will probably be a few more) were offered places from the Pre-Voc course, of which there are 30 girls of different ages. The acceptances need to be back at Performers by April 19th so those on reserve list will probably not hear until after Easter, possibly early May. Good luck to everyone that is still waiting to hear.x
My daughter is doing Pre Voc at Performers from September and is so excited, is also hoping the rate being taken on to degree is good in 2020, only 6 guaranteed a place sounds a little scary! Any accommodation tips (or anything else for that matter) would be hugely appreciated.
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Post by JustaPhase »

Can I ask if anyone has any experience of the reserve list for the BA Acting course at GSA?
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

arianadrama wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:19 pm [quote=sailorgirluae post_id=257453 time=<a href="tel:1554837118">1554837118</a> user_id=55708]
Did anyone else’s DC do Central auditions recently. It’s been 2 weeks since my DS did his but still waiting to hear if he has made the final recall - anyone else in the same situation? The whole waiting game is so stressful!
we haven't heard either after DS auditioning 2 weeks ago......
[/quote]

I’ve just read in the ‘Student Room Drama School Audition Blog’ that someone has found out today they have got a final recall for the Acting (MT) course. They didn’t say when their first audition day/afternoon recall was and I can’t ask them without creating an account. Hope those waiting for news from Central hear some good news soon [-o<
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

confusedmum101 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:24 pm Hi everyone

I am a newby to this although have spent far too many late nights reading everyone else’s posts trying to work out what next! My DD did A’levels then auditioned last year and was put on Arden reserves before ending up at their associated college on HNC musical theatre. She only applied through UCAS however and one was a local college so a wasted option as we knew little about the whole subject. This year after 8 auditions - GSA, Italia Conti, Trinity Laban, Arden, RCS, Bird, Mountview and Arts Ed she has been offered a Pre-professional Course at Bird, 3 year diploma at PPA and is on PPA BA reserve list. She has also been offered at free audition for Mountview Foundation and still has an audition to go to at Emil Dale. We have always agreed we could not fund a course privately but she convinced us it would be good experience to audition at Mountview and Arts Ed - we also have one at Uni for another 2 years. Of course now I am feeling torn - do we wait it out for a possible reserve, keep fingers crossed for Emil Dale or try to fund Bird? Has anyone got any knowledge of the Bird Course - will it really help her on her journey or am I accumulating unnecessary debt - will a year out help - will she fall behind and end up with even fewer options next year - she says she may apply to more places that are dance led for MT - how often do people bump from reserve to degree course? Is PPA the place to go - college recommended PPA but it but it doesn’t seem to figure much on this site. Then there is Emil Dale - do they make late offers - what about their gap year course? I am so confused and of course the Bird offer is only open for a few days and I have no idea what the cost of living is - if there are other hidden costs- could she fit in a job to boost the finances? So many questions - I hope someone can help please, and thank you for reading.
Hello Confusedmum
I can only give advice from our experience, our daughter accepted a place on a 3 year diploma course at a performing arts college (not PPA), we are not well off and earn a modest income. Our DD was convinced she wanted to go to this particular college. We found her a place to live and moved her in. DD found it very difficult to find work, she had very little money and we did what we could but we struggled paying her rent every month. Un be known to us DD hated the college and struggled with very little support and became very ill. I suppose what I am trying to say is make sure you can cope with all the added financial strain these courses have on your family. DD is now at University on BA musical theatre degree course covered by student finance. She is loving her course and doesn't have any financial worries. It worked out eventually for us but we have been on a hell of a journey to get there.
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Bird Reserve List:-
Has anybody had experience or know anybody with experience of this in the past years?
Did anybody’s DC get a place from the reserve list and if so at what point did the place come up?
Just trying to be realistic with dates etc