Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jazzdancer
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by jazzdancer »

I don't know sorry. The foundation students auditioned last week apparently - but good luck ! I am new to this forum - daughter has accepted a place on the foundation at Bird. We know she will have to re - audition next year for the degree & a place is not guaranteed etc but any other useful info would be helpful. Also, if any one else has accepted the foundation be good to communicate regarding accommodation / halls etc.
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

becmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Soclose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 pm Would anybody know with regards to the Bird reserve list...does the list for DaDA’s/funding for Diploma courses normally move before the degree reserve list?
And is anybody else just wishing each day away right now?!! X
Let me know if you don’t get it!
Hi there, sorry I haven’t received a pm x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

jazzdancer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 pm I don't know sorry. The foundation students auditioned last week apparently - but good luck ! I am new to this forum - daughter has accepted a place on the foundation at Bird. We know she will have to re - audition next year for the degree & a place is not guaranteed etc but any other useful info would be helpful. Also, if any one else has accepted the foundation be good to communicate regarding accommodation / halls etc.
Congrats on the Foundation offer. My DD is now finishing her first year at Bird, having done the Foundation there. She loves it. The Foundation is hard work, but was amazingly beneficial for her. Tell you DD to get added to the Foundation facebook page and the Registry page. The current Foundation lot, i believe, find out next week about their places (Whether that's Degree or Diploma)

The Accommodation packs should be going out in a few weeks and they list the Landlords, Halls and local estate agents. How old is your DD, U18's have to lodge with host families. If you're outside of London I'm afraid that as your daughter is on the Foundation she won't be eligible for the free Oyster card for bus travel as the Foundation course isn't accepted as Further Education for TFL

Good luck
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Soclose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:01 pm
becmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:48 pm
Soclose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 pm Would anybody know with regards to the Bird reserve list...does the list for DaDA’s/funding for Diploma courses normally move before the degree reserve list?
Let me know if you don’t get it!
Hi there, sorry I haven’t received a pm x
Tried again x
jazzdancer
Nominee

Post by jazzdancer »

Thanks munchpot x Good Luck to your dd if she's waiting to hear xx We have learnt a lot from this site so thanku.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

No clue sorry but desperate to hear when the Bird list starts moving. Would much rather know if it was a no so my DD can get her accommodation sorted at her other choice. Any advice/info from anyone would be much appreciated! x
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm
No clue sorry but desperate to hear when the Bird list starts moving. Would much rather know if it was a no so my DD can get her accommodation sorted at her other choice. Any advice/info from anyone would be much appreciated! x
I spoke to Bird today in relation to movement on the reserve funding list for the diploma. Was advised that they are still sending out decision letters from the last 3 weeks of auditions. Said they are trying to get decisions from those holding multiple offers. So really not expecting much movement before June. They may send out emails asking if people want to stay on the list at the end of May, so I suppose if a few have accepted elsewhere others will move up.
Was advised to ring back in June then they should have a clearer idea of placement on the list.
Hope this clears things up a bit for anyone else waiting...good luck everyone 🍀👍
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

jazzdancer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm Thanks munchpot x Good Luck to your dd if she's waiting to hear xx We have learnt a lot from this site so thanku.
My fault - she's finishing her first year on degree course having previously done the Foundation
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

becmum wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:32 pm
Kingswayqueen wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:06 pm
I spoke to Bird today in relation to movement on the reserve funding list for the diploma. Was advised that they are still sending out decision letters from the last 3 weeks of auditions. Said they are trying to get decisions from those holding multiple offers. So really not expecting much movement before June. They may send out emails asking if people want to stay on the list at the end of May, so I suppose if a few have accepted elsewhere others will move up.
Was advised to ring back in June then they should have a clearer idea of placement on the list.
Hope this clears things up a bit for anyone else waiting...good luck everyone 🍀👍
That’s brilliant, thanks so much for the update! x
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

jazzdancer wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 pm I don't know sorry. The foundation students auditioned last week apparently - but good luck ! I am new to this forum - daughter has accepted a place on the foundation at Bird. We know she will have to re - audition next year for the degree & a place is not guaranteed etc but any other useful info would be helpful. Also, if any one else has accepted the foundation be good to communicate regarding accommodation / halls etc.
My DD lived at Avery Halls when she did the Bird foundation. She had an ensuite room in a flat which is made up of 6 students and is in a building of several of the flats. She was with other foundation or 1st year Bird students. It was a great way to meet people and make friends. Short bus ride to college. The rooms are simple basic but fine and nice to have your own loo and shower. Not really cheap but no bills to sort out and nice and sociable with a bit of personal space to rest and read etc There is a laundry room and shop on campus. Foundation is very hard work but fantastic. DD has made friends for life, stayed at Bird this year and now flat shares with a friend from Halls. The only down side to halls is probably the noise from non Bird students in the other flats on campus some nights. Bird students have early starts and long days unlike some other uni courses!
Flat share in Sidcup could be cheaper but Halls good for being in with quite a few new Birdies. Sign up online at Greenwich uni for Avery Halls. Congratulations and best of luck xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Also congrats to those with places this year and fingers crossed to waiters. Still plenty of time for something to come up. If it's a no keep trying, it's a not yet :-)
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

DD finished her round of 8 auditions yesterday with East15! Phew! It's been a long year!
She's actually not waiting for their answer and decided to go for the offer she has from Rose Bruford because she really liked the school. It does feel good to finally have a decision and to be able to start organising!

Good luck to all the ones still waiting for answers! 🤞🤞 And thank you for all the support! :D :D
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

afab wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 pm DD finished her round of 8 auditions yesterday with East15! Phew! It's been a long year!
She's actually not waiting for their answer and decided to go for the offer she has from Rose Bruford because she really liked the school. It does feel good to finally have a decision and to be able to start organising!

Good luck to all the ones still waiting for answers! 🤞🤞 And thank you for all the support! :D :D
Congratulations to your DD! It must feel good to have made that decision. X
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

afab wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 pm DD finished her round of 8 auditions yesterday with East15! Phew! It's been a long year!

Congratulations to you for your staying power and your DD for making a decision. That will be a weight off your mind now!! =D> =D>
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Does anybody have any experience of the Italia Conti waiting list. (Musical theatre degree course....) DD has been placed on this today after her late audition last week. Any advice or info would be great! Xx