Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Lmum wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:28 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:19 pm Anyone heard from GSA?
My DD heard yesterday unfortunately it was a no :( She took it hard as it was where she wants to go bit is ok today and Mountview next! . She was there on 15th so not sure if same day as your DD . Hopefully it’s good news for your DD if she hasn’t heard yet - might be updating no’s first. Fingers crossed for her !
Sorry to hear that Lmum. My DD was unsuccessful at GSA last year and the response via UCAS can look quite brutal but I think its fairly standard. Good luck for Mountview this was one of my DDs favourite auditions really friendly and supportive - take plenty of snacks as they are there for the whole day. X
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Ahh sorry Lmum, wishing you dd lots of luck for Mountview and sorry to hear about GSA. Dd was there on the 22nd but she had a friend there on the 15th.

It’s a tough time, thinking of all you guys going through it !
Last edited by Livvyvicky on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Just got back from Guildhall and no-one got a recall! Ah well... Off to the next one!
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Afab wow , that’s tough - what’s next ? X
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Yep! But, actually, the fact nobody got a recall made it easier for DD. Off to Birmingham Conservatoire next week!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Lmum wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:28 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:19 pm Anyone heard from GSA?
My DD heard yesterday unfortunately it was a no :( She took it hard as it was where she wants to go bit is ok today and Mountview next! .
Sorry to hear that Lmum but wishing her all the best for Mountview [-o<
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

afab wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:46 pm Just got back from Guildhall and no-one got a recall! Ah well... Off to the next one!
Honestly, not unusual at all. They have a very specific requirement. My DS has a friend there.
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

Just got back from the MA Musical Theatre at GSA and unfortunately didn’t get through to the interview stage. Only three out of thirteen were called back to be interviewed. Onwards to the next one!
biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Post by biscuitsneeded »

Rhymie, do you know what the specific requirement for Mountview is?
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am Rhymie, do you know what the specific requirement for Mountview is?
Hi :-) my DS didn't audition for MT, he was only straight acting and didn't audition at Mountview, have a look at the blogs about the audition experience though, that's usually a good place to get a feel for the audition. I can answer on RADA, Royal Welsh, RCS, LAMDA, Drama Centre, Guildhall, Central, BOV, NYT and NYT rep. phew! heres a link to a blog https://thatdramastudent.tumblr.com/pos ... y-audition hope it helps.
:D
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

biscuitsneeded wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:32 am Rhymie, do you know what the specific requirement for Mountview is?
Here is what happened last year - I think their information sheet for round one was quite helpful, and they send out more details for the recall if you get through. Others may be able to add more.

Very welcoming and parents get a talk with the admissions people to explain numbers, finance and structure of the course whilst the students are in the audition. Auditionees get a chat with current students at the end of the day - all very relaxed. Good strong jazz class in large groups, then both singing and monologues (including Shakespeare) done in small groups of around ten and some were asked to repeat them but to take on some improvements. At the end they were all put into one room then groups called out by name into other rooms. Just like X factor they were left for a bit then someone came in to say whether their group was the successful one. They took forward about 8/80.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Lmum - we have a no from GSA too .......

We have moved Mountview back to the 15th due to illness. I have to say the admissions people at Urdang and Mountview have been so lovely and on it!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Livvyvicky wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm Lmum - we have a no from GSA too .......

We have moved Mountview back to the 15th due to illness. I have to say the admissions people at Urdang and Mountview have been so lovely and on it!
Sorry to hear about GSA. Good luck for Mountview and hope she has a speedy recovery
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Livvyvicky wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:57 pm Lmum - we have a no from GSA too .......

Sorry to hear about the GSA outcone and illness too. Good luck for the Mountview date xxx
Last edited by Scarytimes on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

My DS had an audition at Tring for sixth form acting. On 19th Nov They said it would take 2 weeks for result :D ... Anyone else auditioned and heard yet?