Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

bumble-bee
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by bumble-bee »

That’s fantastic Robin! Ah so he’s from Brit sch too :-) there’s a few of them at Bruford and also re Bird yes they are very near each other my son hangs out a lot with bird students as he knows a number of 3rd years who went straight there from Brit sch to Bird at the same time. So that’s really great for your nephew as he will be near his cousin a lot and they’ll get to see each other regularly😊
Has he been offered Actor Muso? Brilliant course they have to be able to play an instrument to an advanced standard and have the acting technique to go with it, I think they are an extremely talented bunch of individuals when you see what they can do! Tbh ba Actor course and ba Actor Muso course are on par with each other, they collaborate on regular productions together also. And right now in the industry Actor muso’s are very much sort after and in demand! Brufords London season of Actor Muso’s was out of this world!! I mean my son has been very fortunate with agent meetings so far, but he has a friend who’s on the Actor Muso course and after their London show his friend has been approached not just by many many agents, but by two very well known theatre producers who have literally offered him productions that are due to come out later this year! I said to my ds it’s a shame he didn’t play instruments to that standard he could’ve done that course lol! It’s a really fab sch lots and lots of hard work obviously and late nights etc but really brilliant :-)
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

So it’s official Trinity it is for My DS next year for 3 year BA MT.

Just really pleased he has somewhere to go - even if it was not his first choice.

Good luck to those on reserve lists and those still waiting to hear.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

sailorgirluae wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:20 pm So it’s official Trinity it is for My DS next year for 3 year BA MT.

Just really pleased he has somewhere to go - even if it was not his first choice.

Congrats. Trinity is a great place and they only have a small intake so your DS has done well to get in. They obviously saw something in him. Throughout our journey we always said the right college will choose your DC

Good luck with the accommodation search
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

sailorgirluae wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:20 pm So it’s official Trinity it is for My DS next year for 3 year BA MT.

Congratulations, Trinity is a great destination and fab location. All the focus can now be on getting excited about the next stage 😊.
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Congratulations to your DS... it may not have been the first choice but I bet it’s the right choice. Good luck x
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Big congratulations to your DS, I’m aware of quite a few this year who have been offered foundations so getting a ba is really good going.
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

I could have written this exact same post this time last year..in fact I probably did :lol:

Best of luck to your son and a massive well done again on gaining a place on a BA MT course - when you look at the numbers involved - on the whole - our children have done so well with any foundation/diploma/degree offers to train in this industry xxx
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

Hi everybody, I've just joined but I've been following the thread for a while. Congratulations to everybody who has got an offer - that's amazing, and I hope you all do really well and achieve your dreams. I think you're probably right - the college chooses you rather than the other way round. My DS auditioned for the diploma at Bird, Performer's and Laine and had diploma offers from Bird and Performers and foundation at Laine (which he won't be taking as it's hugely expensive). I'm quite pleased it's only down to 2 choices actually and reading the thread I've realised how lucky he is to have got this far especially as he's only 15 atm but 16 next week. He's accepted both but waiting for DaDA funding offers and what concerns me the most is if he gets an early offer from one and not the other. We would prefer Bird but only because he can live with Granny (who's 2 miles away) whereas at Performers he would need to live with a landlady. DS can't make up his mind between the two at the moment, and is watching all their performances on YouTube and the college sites but decision making is not one of his strengths. I've read on this thread that one DD got an offer on a Friday in August last year and only had until the Monday to accept it. Does anybody know whether you get longer to accept? Do you get 2/3 weeks if you're in the early DaDA offers and then only a couple of days if you're offered it later? How do you choose? HELP!! I think I'm far more stressed about it than DS.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Munchpot wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 pm

Congrats. Trinity is a great place and they only have a small intake so your DS has done well to get in. They obviously saw something in him. Throughout our journey we always said the right college will choose your DC

Good luck with the accommodation search

Thanks - looks like we are going to apply for Halls for first year so accommodation should be easy (hopefully)
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Felicity wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Congratulations, Trinity is a great destination and fab location. All the focus can now be on getting excited about the next stage 😊.
It can indeed
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

icantdance wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 am Hi everybody, I've just joined but I've been following the thread for a while. Congratulations to everybody who has got an offer - that's amazing, and I hope you all do really well and achieve your dreams. I think you're probably right - the college chooses you rather than the other way round. My DS auditioned for the diploma at Bird, Performer's and Laine and had diploma offers from Bird and Performers and foundation at Laine (which he won't be taking as it's hugely expensive). I'm quite pleased it's only down to 2 choices actually and reading the thread I've realised how lucky he is to have got this far especially as he's only 15 atm but 16 next week. He's accepted both but waiting for DaDA funding offers and what concerns me the most is if he gets an early offer from one and not the other. We would prefer Bird but only because he can live with Granny (who's 2 miles away) whereas at Performers he would need to live with a landlady. DS can't make up his mind between the two at the moment, and is watching all their performances on YouTube and the college sites but decision making is not one of his strengths. I've read on this thread that one DD got an offer on a Friday in August last year and only had until the Monday to accept it. Does anybody know whether you get longer to accept? Do you get 2/3 weeks if you're in the early DaDA offers and then only a couple of days if you're offered it later? How do you choose? HELP!! I think I'm far more stressed about it than DS.
Congratulations to your DS...same scenario as my daughter! Keeping everything crossed the DADA funding comes through.
As for choosing which one to go for sometimes depends where you get your funding...obviously if you get both it’s decision time!
My DD is hoping for Bird, after all the auditions before Xmas just loved the audition day and felt it was really professional etc...she loved Laine too but it’s a huge financial undertaking for foundation so probably won’t go for it even if no funding comes through...she has a back up plan in place and will re audition if necessary from November 🤞
The waiting is just awful though, will be glad to hear either way...keep posting if you hear anything x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

I'm a bit behind on the forum - hard to read just on the phone. Congratulations and glad the waiting is over for him, and great news on your new job as well. \:D/ I have heard very good things about Trinity lately.
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

Littleone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm Lots of news on here :D
Congratulations to your DD Go for it =D> and also to your son Sailorgirluae...sorry to hear of his disappointment but great he now knows where he's heading !
Congratulations to your DD also Phoenix. We are still waiting for news form Performers after my daughter auditioned for the degree in early Feb .. so suspecting an offer will not be forthcoming. Fortunately she has degree offers from Urdang and LIPA and I expect they will be her 'firm' and insurance' on UCAS. Of course in order to go to either she has to get the required number of UCAS points .... for DD this is 'doable' but not a certainty 8) ........Does anyone with experience of degree at either know if there is ever any flexibility on points required ?

Thanks in advance !
Thank you :) Hope you get good news from performers, but as you say she has other good offers so not quite as stressful. We still need to do the dreaded UCAS application. The points thing is a bit of a worry. He has a lvl 3 from last year and is currently doing a lvl 4 but it isn't listed on the site as it is a new course - one of the pilot ones under UAL. Hoepfully it will all work out.
icantdance
GRAMMY Award

Post by icantdance »

becmum wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm
icantdance wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 am Hi everybody, I've just joined but I've been following the thread for a while. Congratulations to everybody who has got an offer - that's amazing, and I hope you all do really well and achieve your dreams. I think you're probably right - the college chooses you rather than the other way round. My DS auditioned for the diploma at Bird, Performer's and Laine and had diploma offers from Bird and Performers and foundation at Laine (which he won't be taking as it's hugely expensive). I'm quite pleased it's only down to 2 choices actually and reading the thread I've realised how lucky he is to have got this far especially as he's only 15 atm but 16 next week. He's accepted both but waiting for DaDA funding offers and what concerns me the most is if he gets an early offer from one and not the other. We would prefer Bird but only because he can live with Granny (who's 2 miles away) whereas at Performers he would need to live with a landlady. DS can't make up his mind between the two at the moment, and is watching all their performances on YouTube and the college sites but decision making is not one of his strengths. I've read on this thread that one DD got an offer on a Friday in August last year and only had until the Monday to accept it. Does anybody know whether you get longer to accept? Do you get 2/3 weeks if you're in the early DaDA offers and then only a couple of days if you're offered it later? How do you choose? HELP!! I think I'm far more stressed about it than DS.
Congratulations to your DS...same scenario as my daughter! Keeping everything crossed the DADA funding comes through.
As for choosing which one to go for sometimes depends where you get your funding...obviously if you get both it’s decision time!
My DD is hoping for Bird, after all the auditions before Xmas just loved the audition day and felt it was really professional etc...she loved Laine too but it’s a huge financial undertaking for foundation so probably won’t go for it even if no funding comes through...she has a back up plan in place and will re audition if necessary from November 🤞
The waiting is just awful though, will be glad to hear either way...keep posting if you hear anything x
I think we're possibly going to say Bird only bcmum. DS got feedback from them after the audition so we now where he was on points ie about midway between automatic DaDA and foundation offer so fingers crossed. Maybe they'll both go to Bird .... Is your DD 16 as well?? Back up plan is to do A levels (year 12) and then re audition in November like your DD. Please keep posting if you hear anything too, although not expecting anything from Bird for a while. DS wasn't close enough to the top for immediate funding but probably close enough for later funding ... We can call back once funding offers have started to find out where he is on the list! x
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

icantdance wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:20 pm
becmum wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:30 pm
I think we're possibly going to say Bird only bcmum. DS got feedback from them after the audition so we now where he was on points ie about midway between automatic DaDA and foundation offer so fingers crossed. Maybe they'll both go to Bird .... Is your DD 16 as well?? Back up plan is to do A levels (year 12) and then re audition in November like your DD. Please keep posting if you hear anything too, although not expecting anything from Bird for a while. DS wasn't close enough to the top for immediate funding but probably close enough for later funding ... We can call back once funding offers have started to find out where he is on the list! x
Have sent you a PM x