Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by riverdancefan »

Thanks so much everyone, looking forward to hearing about more successes for our kids! [-o<
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

amo185 wrote:Battling Peanut - We are opting for a 6th form provision (also offered EDA with other auditions coming up) as DD is younger in her year (May birthday), want the option of a degree at 18 (financial and future-proofing - plus she's academic), is currently undergoing orthodontic treatment and wants that finished, feel there is no rush for MT(unlike ballet for example), gives her longer to discover whether singing is her strength rather than dancing (plus improving her acting) and gives her a chance to mature physically and mentally whilst gaining A level equivalents. I probably have more reasons - but those are just a few from our point of view! :)
Good luck to your DD in whatever she decides to do!
Completely understand your reasons amo185. I am very torn and am constantly changing my thoughts and boring all my friends in the process! I suppose all we can do is wait and see the outcome of her auditions and go from there.
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

New date for DD! Birmingham Conservatoire on the 24th! Gosh, things are piling up now...
Anybody with any advice?
Thank you all kindly

Remember, DD1 & DD2 went to LSC. DD1 graduated in July and DD2 is in her 3rd year if someone needs advice...
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

So here we go again - DS is currently on foundation at GSA and loving every minute. Just trying to put together an audtion plan for this year - really hope it all comes good for him this time round - don't know what he will do if he doesn't get in somewhere [-o<

Congratulations to all those who are all ready in receipt of offers and good luck to everyone else on the merry-go-round.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

riverdancefan wrote:DS has an offer of a 3 year place from Arts Ed, it’s been a nail biting week, he’s been all over the place emotionally but thank the Lord, th3 offer came Wednesday.
Wow fantastic news and how great to have that offer so early on =D> My DD is on the Foundation course at Arts Ed and absolutely loves it. She has seen both of the third year shows and she says they were incredible. Congrats!

Congrats also to others with DCs getting offers through. It’s going to be a long old time before we know if my DD gets a degree offer anywhere as she is applying after Christmas.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Morning all,

Another update, DD did not get a recall at Arts Ed on Tuesday, good to have another different audition experience though....... 2 more to go.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Livvyvicky wrote:Morning all,

Another update, DD did not get a recall at Arts Ed on Tuesday, good to have another different audition experience though....... 2 more to go.
Sorry to hear that x Goodluck with the next 2 x
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Can anyone tell us anything about the audition process at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, Central, Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Rose Bruford and Royal Conservatoire of Scotland?

Thank you all kindly.
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Really sorry to hear that Livvyvicky. We know how your DD feels. My DS didn't get a recall either on Tuesday and was heartbroken as it was his favourite college and he thought he had done well and loved the audition.

It has been a rollercoaster of a week emotionally. We have all learned a lot about our own thought processes and what words of consolation trigger support and which don't!

He was beginning to feel very dejected as he still hadn't heard from Urdang from over a week ago either, however on Weds evening he got an email inviting him to a recall which has boosted his confidence.

GSA was yesterday which he enjoyed and loves the location and the college, so back to the waiting game. Mountview and Laine in December and still to book the Bird audition.

We just keep reminding ourselves of what peeps on here have said in the past 'The college will choose you' rather than the other way round. It's a reassuring way to look at it.

Good luck everyone! Keep going! We can do this! :)
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

afab wrote:Can anyone tell us anything about the audition process at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, Central, Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Rose Bruford and Royal Conservatoire of Scotland?

Thank you all kindly.
Hi there, Yep I can tell you about all of them, but it would take ages to write. Start with the drama schools own websites as they explain in detail the process and also what they need during each stage of the auditions. Then I would read the very many good blogs out there that students have written about their actual experiences, some good and some bad. If you then have any specific questions left or just want to chat then give me a shout. My DS and I have been through most of the rounds at the top schools.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Lakeviewp wrote:

Really sorry to hear that Livvyvicky. We know how your DD feels. My DS didn't get a recall either on Tuesday and was heartbroken as it was his favourite college and he thought he had done well and loved the audition.

It has been a rollercoaster of a week emotionally. We have all learned a lot about our own thought processes and what words of consolation trigger support and which don't!

He was beginning to feel very dejected as he still hadn't heard from Urdang from over a week ago either, however on Weds evening he got an email inviting him to a recall which has boosted his confidence.

GSA was yesterday which he enjoyed and loves the location and the college, so back to the waiting game. Mountview and Laine in December and still to book the Bird audition.

We just keep reminding ourselves of what peeps on here have said in the past 'The college will choose you' rather than the other way round. It's a reassuring way to look at it.

Hi everyone,
Please, please don't get disheartened. I've been in your shoes 3 years in a row until my DS finally got a place at the hardest school to get into of them all!. But you have to keep going and you have to keep them going. Often it's not their talent, sometimes they have already cast their type or, they didn't do as well as they could in the interview, or it just wasn't their day. It sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts to get in, so my advice would be, to keep trying and if you really want a specific school, go again next year and the year after! good luck, drink wine and keep going :)
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Well said Rhymie! Perfect summing up =D>
xx
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

Rhymie wrote:
afab wrote:Can anyone tell us anything about the audition process at Royal Birmingham Conservatoire, Central, Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama, Rose Bruford and Royal Conservatoire of Scotland?

Thank you all kindly.
Hi there, Yep I can tell you about all of them, but it would take ages to write. Start with the drama schools own websites as they explain in detail the process and also what they need during each stage of the auditions. Then I would read the very many good blogs out there that students have written about their actual experiences, some good and some bad. If you then have any specific questions left or just want to chat then give me a shout. My DS and I have been through most of the rounds at the top schools.
Hi Rhymie, we have had a good look at the websites. Didn't think about blogs though! We're going on a hunt... Thank for the tip!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Lakeviewp wrote:

Sorry to hear that Lakeviewp and LivvyVicky but do keep poaitive.

Lakeviewp - This so reminds me of DS and I last year. He was convinced Arts Ed was the place for him but didn’t get a recall - and it was his second audition after Urdang too. He ended up with six auditions, five recalls, and four offers with funding (GSA, Laine, Urdang and LSC) and is now happily settled at GSA.

Wishing all the auditionees and parents every success!
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Scarytimes wrote:
Lakeviewp wrote:

Sorry to hear that Lakeviewp and LivvyVicky but do keep poaitive.

Lakeviewp - This so reminds me of DS and I last year. He was convinced Arts Ed was the place for him but didn’t get a recall - and it was his second audition after Urdang too. He ended up with six auditions, five recalls, and four offers with funding (GSA, Laine, Urdang and LSC) and is now happily settled at GSA.

Wishing all the auditionees and parents every success!
So right Scarytimes, my DD is another example of not getting what she thought she wanted turning out to be the best thing ever! She too is now very happily settled in a school which wasn’t even on our list to start off with! :D

Hang in there Livvy and Lake, it’s a long road, but you’ll all get there :D