Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Felicity wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:39 am
Givemestrength22 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am Hi there, for anybody who has auditioned at GSA (first audition) how long has it taken for a reply. Is it usually the full 2 weeks that they quote? Thank you in advance.
My DD auditioned at GSA mid Feb and heard about her recall within 2 weeks. I can’t remember exactly but it was longer than a week but no longer than 2 weeks. Good luck!
My DD has had an email today to say she has got a recall for GSA. Having a year out was definitely the best thing for her x
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Givemestrength22 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:52 am Hi there, for anybody who has auditioned at GSA (first audition) how long has it taken for a reply. Is it usually the full 2 weeks that they quote? Thank you in advance.
My DD auditioned at GSA mid Feb and heard about her recall within 2 weeks. I can’t remember exactly but it was longer than a week but no longer than 2 weeks. Good luck!
My DD has had an email today to say she has got a recall for GSA. Having a year out was definitely the best thing for her x
Congrats on the recall! What has your DD been doing on her year out?
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:09 pm
Congratulations on the recall 🙌x
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

Congratulations on the recall! Still waiting here but DD auditioned for the Acting course and not the MT x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Congratulations on the recall Kingswayqueen =D>

....And hope you receive good news soon Givemestrength :D
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:19 pm Congratulations on the recall! Still waiting here but DD auditioned for the Acting course and not the MT x
Fingers crossed for your DD xxx
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

Hi my DD is on the reserve list for Trinity Laban. Does anyone know is there is usually some movement on this or is this unlikely. Thanks for any advice x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Hi there well done to your daughter - great achievement
Yes there is always some movement on the reserve lists - a little later on maybe April-May time and even later sometimes after all recall auditions are done x good luck xx
pixie1
Nominee

Post by pixie1 »

Hi, my daughter has been offered pre voc course at Bird and Performers, we’re thinking about accepting one of these courses, she loved Performers. I’d love to hear from anyone who has or has had a dc on this course, I’m really interested to know what classes are on an average weekly timetable ie: how many classes of each genre especially singing and acting. My daughter is only 15 so we have the dilemma of what she would do if she didn’t get a diploma offer after. Thank you everyone
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

Sherbert wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:34 pm Hi there well done to your daughter - great achievement
Yes there is always some movement on the reserve lists - a little later on maybe April-May time and even later sometimes after all recall auditions are done x good luck xx
Thanks. It is good to know there may be a bit of movement. She really has set her heart on Trinity Laban. She got offered acting foundation at East 15 yesterday so may do this if Trinity doesn’t happen but her heart really lies with MT..

Fingers crossed x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

pixie1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:15 pm Hi, my daughter has been offered pre voc course at Bird and Performers, we’re thinking about accepting one of these courses, she loved Performers. I’d love to hear from anyone who has or has had a dc on this course, I’m really interested to know what classes are on an average weekly timetable ie: how many classes of each genre especially singing and acting. My daughter is only 15 so we have the dilemma of what she would do if she didn’t get a diploma offer after. Thank you everyone
Hi - Congratulations on the offer. My DD did the Pre Voc at Bird and is now on the Degree course there. Can't speak for Performers, but Bird certainly worked them hard. If you need any info on Bird Pre Voc happy to let you know about that.

One thing Luis said to my DD at Move It before she started, which I'm sure would apply to Performers as well, is that the Pre Voc is the best and worst thing you can do. If you work hard it's the best as it's a year long audition process for the following year and the audition panel will know what you can do. If you don't give it your all or don't turn up to classes it's the worst thing you could do as the audition panel won't want you back the following year

Whatever your DD decides - good luck
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

pixie1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:15 pm Hi, my daughter has been offered pre voc course at Bird and Performers, we’re thinking about accepting one of these courses, she loved Performers. I’d love to hear from anyone who has or has had a dc on this course, I’m really interested to know what classes are on an average weekly timetable ie: how many classes of each genre especially singing and acting. My daughter is only 15 so we have the dilemma of what she would do if she didn’t get a diploma offer after. Thank you everyone
Have sent you a PM x
pixie1
Nominee

Post by pixie1 »

becmum wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:30 am
Have sent you a PM x
Hi, thank you so much, but I don’t seem to have received it, not sure if pm’s take a while to come through!
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

pixie1 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 am
becmum wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:30 am
Have sent you a PM x
Hi, thank you so much, but I don’t seem to have received it, not sure if pm’s take a while to come through!
Tried again 👍
DebbieDOos
Nominee

Post by DebbieDOos »

Does anyone have any knowledge about Trinity Laban foundation course please or advice? . My daughter had her heart on Trinity Laban BA musical theatre and has been offered foundation . She has now also just received an offer from Chichester triple threat BA so is not sure what to do?
She has not had any training so should she do the foundation anyway so she can get more from the BA course in 2020
not sure I want to encourage her to have to reapply next year (and she might not get any BA offers next year anyway ). Anyone else had same dilemma? Thx