Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Scarytimes »

Disco_Dad wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm Hi all, I'm new to this site and have been reading the comments with great interest. I'm also spent some time working out who DS and/or DD was 😂😂 I think I've concluded its dance daughter/dance son but I'm still not 💯🤷‍♂️😂.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my DD's position and what I've heard so far. We have been offered varying options at different colleges which include foundation years and diplomas but up to now we are waiting on degree offers (The notorious Bird waiting list).

My DD has declined all offers other than the one she intends to go to apart from also being on the Bird degree waiting list.
Good question! Must admit that I just made the assumption last year that it is like other forums I have been on with DD=Dear/Darling Daughter but I could be wrong.

We felt the same last year and released all offers as soon as we were sure DS didn’t have it in top place. We agonised a bit over last two as one depended on A levels and one didn’t, but did just go for it and gamble turning the diploma/DaDA down. Neither DS or I felt right about holding more than one offer (plus reserve UCAS) when so many people are sitting waiting, but not everyone is in the same position or with the same feelings as us I guess.

Wishing you and DD all the best with the wait and hope that list suddenly moves!
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

Disco_Dad wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:34 pm Hi all, I'm new to this site and have been reading the comments with great interest. I'm also spent some time working out who DS and/or DD was 😂😂 I think I've concluded its dance daughter/dance son but I'm still not 💯🤷‍♂️😂.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my DD's position and what I've heard so far. We have been offered varying options at different colleges which include foundation years and diplomas but up to now we are waiting on degree offers (The notorious Bird waiting list).

My DD has declined all offers other than the one she intends to go to apart from also being on the Bird degree waiting list. The reason for this is that from a funding perspective she/we really need a degree for the funding as a diploma is not really an option for us but the other offer she is holding onto has fee assistance.

Having spoken to Bird it is clear that there is a substantial waiting list and the degree movement is minimal 😬😪, it also seems that they do not expect it to move as far down as it previously has done which is a shame, apparently where my daughter is on the list she would have been offered a place in the previous 3 years but this year they dont seem to think it will.

What I have picked up is that there are still a lot of auditionees that are holding multiple offer options and neither accepting or rejecting which is also holding all of the colleges up as they arent sure themselves whether these kids are coming to them or not.

Wishing everyone lots of luck and speedy decisions 🍀
Please may I ask whereabouts your dd is on the list ? My daughters friend has tried calling several times and really not been given much info ! X
Tiptaptoe
Nominee

Post by Tiptaptoe »

My DD has declined all offers other than the one she intends to go to apart from also being on the Bird degree waiting list. The reason for this is that from a funding perspective she/we really need a degree for the funding as a diploma is not really an option for us but the other offer she is holding onto has fee assistance.

Having spoken to Bird it is clear that there is a substantial waiting list and the degree movement is minimal 😬😪, it also seems that they do not expect it to move as far down as it previously has done which is a shame, apparently where my daughter is on the list she would have been offered a place in the previous 3 years but this year they dont seem to think it will.

What I have picked up is that there are still a lot of auditionees that are holding multiple offer options and neither accepting or rejecting which is also holding all of the colleges up as they arent sure themselves whether these kids are coming to them or not.

Wishing everyone lots of luck and speedy decisions 🍀
Hello,
We’re in exactly the same position as you! My DD has had Diploma offers including one from Bird however it’s just impossible to send her even with some funding :cry: so we’ve had to decline and we’re now just waiting on the Bird BA reserve. I emailed Bird yesterday and they replied saying there has been minimal movement with the list in the past few weeks which is so frustrating as my DD is in the higher part too and was told they’ve reached her score in the past three years! I can’t bear this stress anymore, let’s hope for movement soon :-k
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Bird accommodation list is out now!
Disco_Dad
Nominee

Post by Disco_Dad »

It all seems very quiet at the moment, anyone heard anything?

Sounds like there has been some movement on Diplomas at most the colleges but none with Degree offers so it's not stimulating any movement. Guess a lot of those going for places this year seem to need that student loan route.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

And the waiting continues - how painful is this?!! I do hope we find out in the next week or 2, then again I have a feeling this could go on right up to the beginning of September!
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

An update!

Our DS finally heard from Laine yesterday that he has a DADA!!!

We are so proud of him (and somewhat relieved) and are enjoying the celebrations this weekend. :D

The guy one below him on the waiting list also had a yes this week so the Boys’ waiting list is now down to #5 (or later?) if that helps anyone waiting .

Good Luck to anyone still waiting to hear, we know how you feel!

Have a great weekend everyone :D

Px
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Lovely to hear some good news Lakeview :D

Congratulations to your DS ... and enjoy the celebrations !!
Soclose
BRIT Award

Post by Soclose »

Well done! Have a wonderful weekend.... still waiting here xx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Lakeviewp wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:46 pm An update!

We are so proud of him (and somewhat relieved) and are enjoying the celebrations this weekend. :D

The guy one below him on the waiting list also had a yes this week so the Boys’ waiting list is now down to #5 (or later?) if that helps anyone waiting .

Px
Massive congratulations from us. Thrilled for him, and you xx
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Px
Congratulations to your DS, amazing news...one of our friends still waiting to hear so fingers crossed they may still get a call x
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Lakeview, I was keeping my fingers crossed for you as I heard there was movement at Laine. Hope you’re celebrating in style. =D> =D> =D> .
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Px
That is such fabulous news, HUGE congratulations, enjoy the celebrating! :D :D :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Px
Congratulations. Hope you’ve had a great weekend celebrating
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

That’s fantastic news lakeviewp - I was thinking about you guys the other day !

That’s made my day \:D/

An update on us DD has accepted her Urdang Diploma offer and is very excited to be starting. We decided not to stay on the Mountview “last minute reserve list” Their words not ours.

Everything crossed for those still waiting for news :D