Dance clothes for training - quantity?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Re: Dance clothes for training - quantity?

Post by riverdancefan »

siohip wrote:
riverdancefan wrote:I can assure you the Homebase rail is nothing like the Lakeland one. \:D/ here is a huge diffence between the power of a towel rail and a clothes dryer. A dance belt would take hours to dry on a heated towel rail.
It depends what you want to use it for, the heat from the Lakeland one dries towels and sheets quickly as well as everything else. Mine is 12 years old now and I wouldn’t be without. Only pennies to run it too.
It was an investment for us for DS, tumble drying isn’t an option for a lot of his clothes and most of them have no garden and can’t peg anything outside.
It also doubles as a cheap heater if needed

Is that the one with the cover. I have friends who swear by..2 adults 2 kids ..and also say so cheap to run. Hate idea of radiators and mould. Hope everyone has dry pants!
You can get a cover for it and I probably would in a small space but I haven’t got the cover :D I guess that would make it even more efficient
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

kzgirl wrote:DD has managed to buy Laduca character and tap shoes in the sale the other week online, they are amazing shoes and so well made.
Can you get them in the UK? How do the sizes come up? Dd talks about them all the time.
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

islandofsodor wrote:
kzgirl wrote:DD has managed to buy Laduca character and tap shoes in the sale the other week online, they are amazing shoes and so well made.
Can you get them in the UK? How do the sizes come up? Dd talks about them all the time.
Hi

DD rung up Laduca in New York and spoke to them about her shoe size and width fitting. She bought black character shoes in January this year, DD has wide feet so bought the extra wide fitting and they were a perfect fit. DD has just bought a pair of 2.5 inch black tap shoes they fitt really well. We have friends in Connecticut so the shoes are sent there, they then send to us. We had to take DD Bloch character shoes back to the shop in London as they completed collapsed and there was no support on the ankle. Laduca are the best dance shoes I have ever seen with a great fitt and great support for the foot.
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

Sherbert wrote:We have a few dance belts and unitards/biketards cos my son is also a sweaty one :lol: he had to wash his dance stuff every day whilst at Mountview but was fine in a shared house with a washing machine but this time in halls with a few machines that are apparently often broken I’ve bought my son a portable twin tub :lol: :lol: we’ve had a few practice runs and it’s really good - I think people use them in caravans, etc - it should pay for Itself in a few weeks as it’s £2 odd per wash in the halls x
I'm hoping my DS will be able to manage the washing, but I'm sending him with lots of Fabreeze as I know what he's like :lol:
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

DGtherunner wrote:
Sherbert wrote:We have a few dance belts and unitards/biketards cos my son is also a sweaty one :lol: he had to wash his dance stuff every day whilst at Mountview but was fine in a shared house with a washing machine but this time in halls with a few machines that are apparently often broken I’ve bought my son a portable twin tub :lol: :lol: we’ve had a few practice runs and it’s really good - I think people use them in caravans, etc - it should pay for Itself in a few weeks as it’s £2 odd per wash in the halls x
I'm hoping my DS will be able to manage the washing, but I'm sending him with lots of Fabreeze as I know what he's like :lol:

Good old Febreeze! Must remember to pack one in his bag :lol:
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Thanks for all the tips ladies - my SIL has one of the Lakeland dryers and it is fab. Will take a look for my DS. Might even take a look at the portable twin tub. Flying back to the UK on 21st to take son to GSA on 22nd! Anyone else heading down then - staying over at the Holiday Inn!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

sailorgirluae wrote:Thanks for all the tips ladies - my SIL has one of the Lakeland dryers and it is fab. Will take a look for my DS. Might even take a look at the portable twin tub. Flying back to the UK on 21st to take son to GSA on 22nd! Anyone else heading down then - staying over at the Holiday Inn!
I’m heading down then but not staying as we live only a few hours away. I expect our DS’s are already chatting on the various GSA social media groups. PM me!