Insurance

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Harrypottermouse
Nominee

Insurance

Post by Harrypottermouse »

I was thinking ahead to my daughters futures and wondered if anyone has taken out any kind of insurance policy to cover the for example if they have a career limiting injury and illness?

I am perhaps thinking enough to cover them to go to Uni again to retrain so something coverage wise for perhaps 5 years

I just want to know financially they are going to be secure when I am not here to help
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: Insurance

Post by islandofsodor »

My husband has income protection insurance which covers him if he is unable to work due to illness or injury. We almost had to claim this year but you have to be earning money and prove previous earnings.

I would say for a dancer etc it would be more important to have medical insurance.
Harrypottermouse
Nominee

Post by Harrypottermouse »

Thank you Islandofsodar

Yes my daughter is a singer so I was thinking of protecting her voice just in case the worst ever happened
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Medical insurance is a must. Quite a few girls at DDs school were having trouble with Nodes etc. It's expensive but at least I won't worry if she needs physio or any other help x
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

I took out medical insurance for DD when she went to Uni, it’s peace of mind.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Marissa wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:34 am Medical insurance is a must. Quite a few girls at DDs school were having trouble with Nodes etc. It's expensive but at least I won't worry if she needs physio or any other help x
Hi, just read your post about insurance! What type of policy did you get, how much was/is it and that sort of things does it cover? My DD starts in a few weeks time at MT college do just trying to think what she needs! Thanks in advance x
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

I'm also just considering this so am very interested in the replies as DD in the same position starting in a couple of weeks. I've heard Aviva is good? No idea of costs.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

We went for AXA ppp health care. Around £31 a month. We went for them as I saw it mentioned on The Hammond site. I can't remember all it covered but seemed good x
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

I'd like to hear of the different companies people have bought through and the cost please.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

I responded to Kingswayqueens original query on the 'Auditioning for Sept 19' thread with a fuller response but the 2 companies we used for DD were AXA PP for the 1st two years and Aviva for her final year. DD went at 16 so we only changed companies because we needed new quotes for her as an 18 year old and Aviva came in cheaper. Had a claim through AXA for physio - no isssues though you do need your doctor to refer you. No claims with Aviva.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

My DD is with AXA, we were paying about £31 per month but I have got it down to £24 with a bit of wrangling. She used it last year for physio, got a referral from GP and it was really straightforward.