Summer courses

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mumoffive
BRIT Award

Summer courses

Post by Mumoffive »

Has anyone's DS done the Summer course at the Globe? Or does anyone recommend a summer course in theatre/acting but not musical theatre. My DS is 16. Thanks
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Re: Summer courses

Post by Munchpot »

Mumoffive wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:34 pm Has anyone's DS done the Summer course at the Globe? Or does anyone recommend a summer course in theatre/acting but not musical theatre. My DS is 16. Thanks
Rose Bruford do a Summer course for straight acting (Don't know anyone who has done it though)
https://www.bruford.ac.uk/courses/brufo ... er-school/
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Mumoffive wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:34 pm Has anyone's DS done the Summer course at the Globe? Or does anyone recommend a summer course in theatre/acting but not musical theatre. My DS is 16. Thanks
Hiya,
Apologies if this has come through twice. Has your DS auditioned for NYT? if he's in it already, they do the best short courses that are prep for Drama school auditions. I seriously wouldn't spend the money on any schools summer course because they all teach in a certain way which won't help them on the audition rounds. We researched the Globe courses for classical monologue prep but did NYT in the end. RB is more MT to be honest.
Mumoffive
BRIT Award

Post by Mumoffive »

Yes he has auditioned for NYT two years running and didn't make it.
He has some money from a relative for excellent GCSE's and he thought it would be good to spend it on a week or two in the summer
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

My dd went to RWCMD for a week and loved it x We stayed at a premier inn and she went everyday and I explored Cardiff for the week lol. The best thing was that it really confirmed her wanting to follow this career x She has lovely memories and made some great friends x
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

I think there's one at Bristol old Vic school and DD enjoyed GSA summer school ( but she did MT) I think the globe would probably be great but possibly expensive? The GSA one they live on campus and see a show in London - it was really good - I think it was 2 weeks but some stayed for an extra week which was about auditioning (we couldn't stretch to 3 weeks!). They worked hard but it was fun and easy accommodation.