changing track at 17 (Y13/repeating Y12) options? Cambs area

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Toontownmum
Nominee

Re: changing track at 17 (Y13/repeating Y12) options? Cambs area

Post by Toontownmum »

My kids are younger so I have no direct experience but I saw the Arts1 final showcase last year and it was absolutely exceptional. I understand all the students got places to continue their studies too. They’re really approachable too, definitely would recommend.
Good luck!
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

With reference to train from Cambridge to Hitchin, you can also get another railcard that gives you a discount, off the top of my head it's something like Student Connect. Only for Great Northern line,I think.
Young Person's Railcard has saved us £100 ' s, also if you get a student card - Totum as it's known by now ,you can get a discount off the railcard.
Last edited by lotsolaffs on Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Do you really feel you need to allow extra £ for private lessons,isn't there enough training at the college you mention during the week?
Carozd
Nominee

Post by Carozd »

Thanks all - had been looking at Arts 1 from granny’s, hadn’t considered straight from home!

Private lesson top up is the suggestion of the institution in addition to the BTEC training.

Both Bodyworks (great support, good rep, less ucas points) and Stageworks st Neots (Live with gran, cheaper course, more ucas points) seem sensible options so we’re auditioning for those and having a look round.
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Carozd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:40 pm Thanks all - had been looking at Arts 1 from granny’s, hadn’t considered straight from home!

Private lesson top up is the suggestion of the institution in addition to the BTEC training.

Both Bodyworks (great support, good rep, less ucas points) and Stageworks st Neots (Live with gran, cheaper course, more ucas points) seem sensible options so we’re auditioning for those and having a look round.
My dd graduated from Bodyworks 2 years ago (level 6 diploma and Triple threat award at Graduation) and hasn't stopped working since..feel free to pm if you need any advice or info... :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......