Btec extended diplomas

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Chelsie68
BRIT Award

Re: Btec extended diplomas

Post by Chelsie68 »

Thanks for all the replies - I’ve found them really interesting. What I’ve taken from this is that it’s only worth doing the Btec if it’s a really good course - if we can’t find one locally, I think we’ll stick to the A level route. I read on here that many Btec students from South Essex college have moved on to the top PA colleges. I’ve booked to take dd to their open day in a couple of weeks, so hopefully we’ll learn more about the course then!
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

Hi, can anyone tell me how you know how many ucas points the btec is worth.
Last edited by Phoenix on Fri May 24, 2019 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Phoenix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm Hi, can anyone tell me how you know how many ucas points the btec is worth. My child has completed a Lvl 3 Extended diploma in Performing Arts and is currently doing a lvl 4. We have offers of degree courses at Bird and Performers.
You can calculate tarrif points on the UCAS website https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Just enter the exam so Pearson BTec extended diploma level 3 then the grade (or expected grade) and it'll give you the points
Phoenix
Nominee

Post by Phoenix »

Munchpot wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:26 pm
Phoenix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:07 pm Hi, can anyone tell me how you know how many ucas points the btec is worth.
You can calculate tarrif points on the UCAS website https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

Just enter the exam so Pearson BTec extended diploma level 3 then the grade (or expected grade) and it'll give you the points
Thank you.