GSA axes courses

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Cosmicdancer
Nominee

GSA axes courses

Post by Cosmicdancer »

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: GSA axes courses

Post by Scarytimes »

Statements from Julian Woolford head of MT at GSA on Twitter
“ To make clear this does not affect the BA Musical Theatre, Acting, or Production courses which continue as before”

And

“all Musical Theatre and Actor Musician programmes @TheGSA are running and will continue to do so. We continue to be one of the leading convervatoires for Musical Theatre”

I believe it is a decision by university of Surrey not GSA itself.
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Post by JustaPhase »

I feel so very sorry for students who have accepted places on these courses only to find they’ve been axed so late in the ucas calendar.
Are there any thoughts on whether this will impact the acting or MT courses? I’m thinking that either GSA might try to pick up some of these students rather than lose them?
Alternatively this would free up studio space so might allow the GSA courses to expand?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

JustaPhase wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:48 am I feel so very sorry for students who have accepted places on these courses only to find they’ve been axed so late in the ucas calendar.
Are there any thoughts on whether this will impact the acting or MT courses? I’m thinking that either GSA might try to pick up some of these students rather than lose them?
Alternatively this would free up studio space so might allow the GSA courses to expand?
I don’t believe there will be any impact. All quite separate courses with different skills and different timetable. Current students supportive but not really involved as far as I know.