Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

jasmine0323 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:57 pm Dd received the dreaded ‘no’ today from Laine
So at present she has done 4 auditions and had 2 foundation offers with 3 auditions left to do - this is so very hard!
But I am a great believer in everything happens for a reason and just need to convince dd that this is the case! We are in the dreaded ‘am I good enough stage’ - my answer to that is only you know that - everyone’s journey will be different - I think that if you have to do an extra year then that can only make you better and hopefully give you the skills needed that are missing at present to re-audition at your then preferred choices and hopefully gain a place - it doesn’t have to be a sprint it could be a marathon to get the result you really want 🤷‍♀️😉
My daughter did a foundation year this year and it has been the best thing she ever did. Now she says she realises she wasn’t good enough last year and can’t believe how much she has improved. If you can somehow manage to find the funds then I think nowadays these courses are a no brainer if they are offered them!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

jasmine0323 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:57 pm Dd received the dreaded ‘no’ today from Laine
So at present she has done 4 auditions and had 2 foundation offers with 3 auditions left to do - this is so very hard!
But I am a great believer in everything happens for a reason and just need to convince dd that this is the case! We are in the dreaded ‘am I good enough stage’ - my answer to that is only you know that - everyone’s journey will be different - I think that if you have to do an extra year then that can only make you better and hopefully give you the skills needed that are missing at present to re-audition at your then preferred choices and hopefully gain a place - it doesn’t have to be a sprint it could be a marathon to get the result you really want 🤷‍♀️😉
Wise words. I'm really sorry it was a no. I have everything crossed that she will find her place even if is through a foundation xxx
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:24 pm
Wise words. I'm really sorry it was a no. I have everything crossed that she will find her place even if is through a foundation xxx

Yes - thank you - what will be will be xx
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

hewood wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:52 pm
daisy1 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:47 pm
hewood wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:15 pm DD is on reserve for Arts Ed and EDA now... Last shot is GSA recall in April
Congrats to your DD, fingers crossed for GSA. My DD on reserve list for Mountview foundation - I guess the waiting will continue for a while yet! ](*,)
Thanks and congrats to your DD too, I highly recommend Foundation courses, the improvements dd has made have been amazing. Yep it's nail-biting stuff!
Hi hewood - I’ve sent you a pm x
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

It was a no from Laine for my dd today . She was disappointed but is powering on . Has another 7 to do in next 3 weeks .
Congratulations to everyone who was successful in last few days and best of luck to everyone with the rest of their auditions .
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:09 pm It was a no from Laine for my dd today . She was disappointed but is powering on . Has another 7 to do in next 3 weeks .
Congratulations to everyone who was successful in last few days and best of luck to everyone with the rest of their auditions .

Disappointing yes but still lots to do - Wishing her the very best of luck for all of the auditions to come! 🤞x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Has anyone asked for feedback from Laine? At some stage along the process of applying and auditioning I am sure we were told that you can.
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:51 pm Has anyone asked for feedback from Laine? At some stage along the process of applying and auditioning I am sure we were told that you can.
Yes last year we called and spoke with Sarah Carroll who gave us very informative and constructive feedback which so far has not been replicated by any other college where the feedback was very generic and not very personal or they did not offer feedback at all. Give them a call 👍
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:09 pm It was a no from Laine for my dd today . She was disappointed but is powering on . Has another 7 to do in next 3 weeks .
It’s a blow for everyone when the no comes but got to power through on to the next ones!! The success will come 🤗. We can completely understand your disappointment as many of us been through the same. Good luck with the rest, am exhausted just thinking about the next 7 that you’re DD has in the pipeline 🍀
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Crazytime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:09 pm
jazzhandsmand wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:18 pm We're still at the 'waiting to hear', 'recall' and 'still auditioning' stage so it's still nailbiting stuff for us. It's quite hard to keep my dd's mojo going tbh :?
The waiting game is awful ... especially when you hear how their other friends are doing 🙈 the constant reassurance that they are just as good as anyone else is draining 😢😢

She’s Still got 2 more to do and will hope one of this is a confirmed offer or it’s going to be a total rethink of the whole situation 😬😬
Just got to keep going until all options are on the table at the end of the auditions, it’s such a stressful time but just keep her focused and am sure the right thing will come along 🍀😊
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

becmum wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:26 pm
lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:51 pm Has anyone asked for feedback from Laine? At some stage along the process of applying and auditioning I am sure we were told that you can.
Yes last year we called and spoke with Sarah Carroll who gave us very informative and constructive feedback which so far has not been replicated by any other college where the feedback was very generic and not very personal or they did not offer feedback at all. Give them a call 👍
Mine was offered a place before Christmas which we have turned down but it may be very helpful for others. I think Central offer feedback too as do GSA ( not 100 % sure about GSA )
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

I also spoke with Sarah Carroll last year when deciding if my daughter would attend the funding recall She was really helpful and frank . We didn't go in the end ! ;)
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

My daughters update through ucas for GSA said no feedback was available. I know bodyworks have said feedback available.
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

becmum wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:34 pm
Crazytime wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:09 pm
jazzhandsmand wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:18 pm We're still at the 'waiting to hear', 'recall' and 'still auditioning' stage so it's still nailbiting stuff for us. It's quite hard to keep my dd's mojo going tbh :?
The waiting game is awful ... especially when you hear how their other friends are doing 🙈 the constant reassurance that they are just as good as anyone else is draining 😢😢

She’s Still got 2 more to do and will hope one of this is a confirmed offer or it’s going to be a total rethink of the whole situation 😬😬
Just got to keep going until all options are on the table at the end of the auditions, it’s such a stressful time but just keep her focused and am sure the right thing will come along 🍀😊
Thank you ☺️
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Many thanks for all the replies . Italia Conti tomorrow. It’s like a ghost town in Guildford tonight :(