Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

go for it
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by go for it »

Artsed Degree is closing tomorrow! The Pupils school will stay open according to Government guidelines.
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Bird have cancelled their auditions until further notice . DD rescheduled her Arts Ed one tomorrow at my insistence . She wasn’t happy about it but we don’t live in the UK and were advised not to travel anywhere in EU or UK. I’m glad I did as it may have been cancelled anyway
Jubb
Nominee

Post by Jubb »

Bird have just postponed DD audition next week , she also has LSC this Saturday I have tried to call but doesn’t seem there is anyone there . Has anyone heard if they are continuing with auditions ?
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Jubb wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm Bird have just postponed DD audition next week , she also has LSC this Saturday I have tried to call but doesn’t seem there is anyone there . Has anyone heard if they are continuing with auditions ?
I spoke to EDA this morning and they are making a decision today and emails will be sent tonight or first thing Tom . They said that are hoping to go ahead if they can !
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Jubb wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:20 pm Bird have just postponed DD audition next week , she also has LSC this Saturday I have tried to call but doesn’t seem there is anyone there . Has anyone heard if they are continuing with auditions ?
My dh tried ringing all day yesterday but no reply . I know that the international students are being sent home today but think the rest may still be attending for present
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:11 pm
My dh tried ringing all day yesterday but no reply . I know that the international students are being sent home today but think the rest may still be attending for present
Sorry I’m referring to Bird here and not LSC
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

My daughter has an audition at LSC on 7th April and got an email this morning which was generic saying they were running the auditions until 9th April so far and if you were auditioning this weekend to let them know whether you would still be attending. It also gives the option to audition by video. Hope this helps.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Bird announced their closure this evening until 20th April
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Hammond have closed to degree students. Picking dd up tomorrow x She managed to do one dance assessment today.
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

My dd just got a yes from Italia Conti. She’s delighted as it’s one of her dream colleges and she was so disappointed at not being able to go to Bird and Arts Ed this week
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 pm My dd just got a yes from Italia Conti. She’s delighted as it’s one of her dream colleges and she was so disappointed at not being able to go to Bird and Arts Ed this week
Congratulations to your dd.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Mammamia wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 pm My dd just got a yes from Italia Conti. She’s delighted as it’s one of her dream colleges and she was so disappointed at not being able to go to Bird and Arts Ed this week
Some good news for today x
jasmine0323
BRIT Award

Post by jasmine0323 »

Great news for dd =D> Well done!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Marissa wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:28 pm Hammond have closed to degree students. Picking dd up tomorrow x She managed to do one dance assessment today.

1st & 2nd year diploma students were also sent home this afternoon including those due to take A levels. 3rd years have the option of staying an extra day to complete showreels.
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 pm
Some good news for today x
That’s great news !! Well done to her

Just out of interest what are Bird doing with the auditions, have they just postponed them as I know that they had quite a lot left !!! Still waiting to hear from the 2 that my DD has left