Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Marissa »

Nickinoo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 pm Congrats to all your DCs who have been offered places! =D>

Haven’t been on here much this year as had a few disasters and it was looking like nothing was going to happen for DD (after having got so close so many times.)

Last year she had a real problem with her voice and so had to audition very late and missed the boat on most places (had a few reserve places offered which didn’t come to anything.) And this year she was really ill for three weeks the beginning of her auditions ( We actually suspect she may have had COVID19! :shock: ) She got a few recalls and through to the final round at RCS ( fourth year running) but then the workshop final round in Glasgow was cancelled a few days before she went in the middle of March. She managed to attend A few other auditions before lock down but had to submit most of the rest by video and Skype interviews.

BUT!!!!!

Today she got the amazing news that, after four long years of auditions ( the first of which she did the Foundation at Mountview) DD found out today that she has been offered an unconditional place to do MT at RCS in Glasgow for this September!!!! :D :D :D :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
So so pleased she found her perfect place to train xxxx
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

hewood wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:16 pm
Nickinoo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 1:35 pm Congrats to all your DCs who have been offered places! =D>

Haven’t been on here much this year as had a few disasters and it was looking like nothing was going to happen for DD (after having got so close so many times.)

Last year she had a real problem with her voice and so had to audition very late and missed the boat on most places (had a few reserve places offered which didn’t come to anything.) And this year she was really ill for three weeks the beginning of her auditions ( We actually suspect she may have had COVID19! :shock: ) She got a few recalls and through to the final round at RCS ( fourth year running) but then the workshop final round in Glasgow was cancelled a few days before she went in the middle of March. She managed to attend A few other auditions before lock down but had to submit most of the rest by video and Skype interviews.

BUT!!!!!

Today she got the amazing news that, after four long years of auditions ( the first of which she did the Foundation at Mountview) DD found out today that she has been offered an unconditional place to do MT at RCS in Glasgow for this September!!!! :D :D :D :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Oh that's wonderful, congratulations :D , her persistence and determination is impressive, and so few place at RCS - what an achievement.

My dd has just been told she is on reserve for GSA today, after her interview, so that's a trio of reserve places now from EDA, Arts Ed and GSA. We grit our teeth now and hope!
I’m sure the wait list will start to move soon. There are several people in both the Arts and GSA chats that are holding multiple offers so fingers crossed for your DD
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

lotsolaffs wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:06 am Has anyone else's DC got a place at GSA or on reserve or waiting to hear yet?
GSA take 36 students per year,which is great. Foundation are mixed with them in dance sets I believe.
My DS has an offer from GSA, also has an offer from Arts. We haven’t made a final decision yet on where he will go but he will have to soon.
JoBandung
Nominee

Post by JoBandung »

Hi,
Is there anyone here who will be doing the 1 year intensive at Bodywork?
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Is lovely to see positive messages starting to float in on here at last, it certainly seems a lot quieter and slower than last year. And 4th year if trying? Wow, if anyone has deserved a place it is your dc.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

JoBandung wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:58 am Hi,
My dd is considering it if funding for Laine doesnt come through, or the place at Bird off the reserve for degree doesnt. It looks like a good course and a bonus if the fees can be reduced by doing the BTEC along side it. Two productions and a showcase and higher level than foundation. Cant be bad!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:18 am
JoBandung wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:58 am Hi,
My dd is considering it if funding for Laine doesnt come through, or the place at Bird off the reserve for degree doesnt. It looks like a good course and a bonus if the fees can be reduced by doing the BTEC along side it. Two productions and a showcase and higher level than foundation. Cant be bad!
it is a great place to train, very friendly and smaller classes, but very hard work x good luck
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
JoBandung
Nominee

Re Bodywork

Post by JoBandung »

We’ve accepted the offer for both the BTECH & 1 year intensive, so disappointed about the diploma though. I hope we have made the right decision!
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Re: Re Bodywork

Post by Dancemum1973 »

JoBandung wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm We’ve accepted the offer for both the BTECH & 1 year intensive, so disappointed about the diploma though. I hope we have made the right decision!
That's great. We may be joining too. Just waiting to see what else comes through. Yeah I was thinking the diploma here was more likely to come through with funding than Laine so its disappointing too. I will message you now so we can keep in touch x
JoBandung
Nominee

Post by JoBandung »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm
JoBandung wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:40 pm We’ve accepted the offer for both the BTECH & 1 year intensive, so disappointed about the diploma though. I hope we have made the right decision!
That's great. We may be joining too. Just waiting to see what else comes through. Yeah I was thinking the diploma here was more likely to come through with funding than Laine so its disappointing too. I will message you now so we can keep in touch x
I have sent you a private message but not sure if it worked as new to this. X
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

JoBandung wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:29 pm
Dancemum1973 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 1:50 pm
I have sent you a private message but not sure if it worked as new to this. X
Have sent you one. I can't see yours to me?
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:21 am
hewood wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:16 pm

BUT!!!!!

Oh that's wonderful, congratulations :D , her persistence and determination is impressive, and so few place at RCS - what an achievement.

My dd has just been told she is on reserve for GSA today, after her interview, so that's a trio of reserve places now from EDA, Arts Ed and GSA. We grit our teeth now and hope!
I’m sure the wait list will start to move soon. There are several people in both the Arts and GSA chats that are holding multiple offers so fingers crossed for your DD
That's good to know I hope so! And congratulations to your DS that's amazing!
solitaire
Nominee

Post by solitaire »

Congratulations to all those college offers coming through. =D> =D> =D>
I’m a new parent to the college audition process and to posting here. This thread has been so helpful and supportive! It amazes me how resilient and talented all of your DC are! \:D/
It’s my DDs first year applying for 3 MT degree courses and I’m finding it all very nerve wracking! She has had a degree offer from one and is a reserve for the degree at Artsed. She would like to wait and see what comes of the reserve list before making any decisions as she loved her audition at Artsed and she felt she belonged there best.. but... as we don’t know how many are on the reserve list, it could be a long shot and a long wait!! 😬
My DD seems to cope with the stress exceptionally well which is a good thing, especially at the moment when the world she wants to go into is in turmoil. She has seen a few close friends turning down MT options to stay at home and reassess their options due to Covid19 but she remains determined. There is nothing else she’s wanted to do for years but this. I totally admire and love this about her.
Thank you for this group and best wishes to all your DC xx
LineyK68
BRIT Award

Post by LineyK68 »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 am
lotsolaffs wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:06 am Has anyone else's DC got a place at GSA or on reserve or waiting to hear yet?
GSA take 36 students per year,which is great. Foundation are mixed with them in dance sets I believe.
My DS has an offer from GSA, also has an offer from Arts. We haven’t made a final decision yet on where he will go but he will have to soon.
My DS has had four offers so far for MT including ArtsEd but is still waiting on GSA. Can I ask when your DS had his final audition for GSA, was it pre-lockdown? TIA
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

LineyK68 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 11:02 am
sailorgirluae wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:29 am
My DS has had four offers so far for MT including ArtsEd but is still waiting on GSA. Can I ask when your DS had his final audition for GSA, was it pre-lockdown? TIA
His recall was early Jan but it took over 2 months for the offer to come through from GSA!