Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Munchpot »

Munchpot wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:25 pm Bird announced their closure this evening until 20th April
Update - They have told students they are not closed just suspended face to face classes - providing online support (Whatever that means)
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Crazytime wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:47 am
lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 pm
Mammamia wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:53 pm My dd just got a yes from Italia Conti. She’s delighted as it’s one of her dream colleges and she was so disappointed at not being able to go to Bird and Arts Ed this week
Some good news for today x
[/quote

That’s great news !! Well done to her

Just out of interest what are Bird doing with the auditions, have they just postponed them as I know that they had quite a lot left !!! Still waiting to hear from the 2 that my DD has left

Bird’s email just said that they were postponed until further notice . Performers sent an email saying that all auditions scheduled during their closure must be done via video submission and they gave a link with detailed instructions .
Emil Dale emailed you say that they were still planning to go ahead . My dds audition was scheduled for around 28th March I think
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

islandofsodor wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:10 am
Marissa wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:28 pm Hammond have closed to degree students. Picking dd up tomorrow x She managed to do one dance assessment today.

1st & 2nd year diploma students were also sent home this afternoon including those due to take A levels. 3rd years have the option of staying an extra day to complete showreels.
Dd says they are all upset but I can't imagine how the 3rd yr degree students must be feeling xxx It must be awful xxx
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

It's like so much was planned and it's all petering out.

Apparently one of the teachers is running a dance class online tomorrow.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I heard that Laine are not having funding auditions now in April, DADA places offered according to first audition,has anyone else heard this too?
Sparkle13
BRIT Award

Post by Sparkle13 »

lotsolaffs wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:42 pm I heard that Laine are not having funding auditions now in April, DADA places offered according to first audition,has anyone else heard this too?
Hi, yes we have had that email too, dada funding to be offered on the basis of original audition, we will be notified in May.
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Munchpot wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:25 pm Bird announced their closure this evening until 20th April

They did 3rd year assessments at the beginning of this week before they closed. Summer term may be extended for other year groups depending on length of closure apparently.
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Mammamia wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:40 am
Crazytime wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:47 am
lotsolaffs wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:00 pm

Some good news for today x
[/quote

That’s great news !! Well done to her

Just out of interest what are Bird doing with the auditions, have they just postponed them as I know that they had quite a lot left !!! Still waiting to hear from the 2 that my DD has left

Bird’s email just said that they were postponed until further notice . Performers sent an email saying that all auditions scheduled during their closure must be done via video submission and they gave a link with detailed instructions .
Emil Dale emailed you say that they were still planning to go ahead . My dds audition was scheduled for around 28th March I think
EDA have said that the next 4 auditions up until 8/4 will be Virtual
Ones . Think my DD is a bit worried about that but I’m sure it’s just because it’s not anything she’s done before !
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

If any of your DC's are feeling a bit isolated from the MT world,there is a Facebook group called The Musical Appreciation Society which might prove useful for them.
They are trying their best to keep performers spirits up!
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Not sure if it will be relevant to anyone here but the Principals at Urdang have been doing a Q&A session on the Urdang Instagram story today. It includes questions about funding , tracks , courses and lots about auditions ... what they look for etc .
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Has anyone submitted a video audition yet to any college? I am wondering what is required?
Thanks
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

lotsolaffs wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm Has anyone submitted a video audition yet to any college? I am wondering what is required?
Thanks
Yes I’ll like to jump on this bandwagon too for any advice as DD needs to do 2 !!
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Crazytime wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:13 pm
lotsolaffs wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:48 pm Has anyone submitted a video audition yet to any college? I am wondering what is required?
Thanks
Yes I’ll like to jump on this bandwagon too for any advice as DD needs to do 2 !!
They should receive an email telling them. My dd is at Performers on Pre-Voc and they have received an email with video of some exercises, plus her friend from home has had it too. Can’t speak for other colleges but would hope they are similar x
Annabel1
Nominee

Post by Annabel1 »

hi all
dd has received an offer for the BA Hons at Arts ED and is obviously over the moon.
does anyone know how student finance works here - it s not entirely clear from the website
I note that you can apply for a student loan to cover part of the fees - leaving approximately a £9k shortfall?
does anyone know if a maintenance loan can also be applied for from student loans company ? - I assume so, but its not clear - obviously this is crucial!
A DADA is no good as joint income just exceeds the maximum DADA amount - so we will have to pursue the BA Hons route.

any clarity would be useful - thanks all
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Congratulations on the ArtsEd offer.
Yes,there is a shortfall of £9,000. Through Student Finance England ( SFE ) your DD will be able to get a maintenance loan up to I think £12,000 for London depending on the household income.
You /she can look it up online and see what she is entitled to on the Government website.
You can use it to top up the fees and use what's left (if anything) for rent etc.
I have just had a reminder for my son for next year plus need to do my DD's for GSA.
SFE are really helpful ,I recently had a change of financial circumstances and my son's maintenance went up,backdated to September, within 10 days or so.
He has just been told that he won't be going back to uni until September,so just waiting to see what happens with the last terms maintenance and funding.
Hope that helps