Auditioning for 2020 entry

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Duncemum
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 entry

Post by Duncemum »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:42 pm
Duncemum wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:09 pm Good evening everybody! I hope all your lovelies are a little closer to realising their dreams today. What a wait! DD has made her final decision and it's going to be the Pre-voc at Performers. I so can't wait to do all this again next year! \:D/
The Performers Pre-voc uniform list could be generously described as 'comprehensive'. I was hoping somebody here could tell me what we actually need?!
For example, will she be sent home with the quite expensive and very lovely, almost brand new leather tap shoes because they are split sole ones?
I imagine ballet is what is is, but is there any need to buy both the Jazz leo's when later in the list 'various tops and leo's' are mentioned?
Please send help!
x
My dd has just finished Performers Pre-Voc and no, don’t buy too much! She didn’t buy tap shoes through them, already had her own, she bought leotards off previous students but after the first month they didn’t wear them again and just wore normal leotards, she also never used the knee pads or the stirrup tights/leggings so don’t bother with them! Dd said all you need to buy is maybe one jazz leotard (so it doesn’t matter if she stops wearing it), one ballet and then she did get her ballet shoes and tights from there but they are just standard tights/canvas ballet shoes. Unless anything has changed Performers are quite laid back in most lessons re colours/styles etc, the only thing that is quite strict is ballet. My dd is a size 8 so if you want any second hand jazz leotards let me know 😂😂😂.
I thought this might be the case! My DD I'll PM you! Thanks x
Matt Norris
Nominee

Post by Matt Norris »

Peggyo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:45 pm
Matt Norris wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:24 pm Hi
My DD is still waiting to here from Laine too. She auditioned before the lockdown . Dada funding audition for her would of been 4 weeks ago today . Finding the wait very frustrating
Yeah same as us then, keeping everything crossed 🤞🏼
Still waiting on Laine !!! DD was told a couple of weeks ago that she was in a strong position , top 3 of dada waiting list . But if we haven’t heard in couple of weeks we just will have to get moving with her 2nd choice accommodation etc
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Well the decision is final for us, having had offers from Performers, Urdang, London Studio Centre and reserve for Bird and Wilkes my dd has decided on the degree course at Performers....... what a journey!!!!! so now, my question is does anybody know which dr surgery is any good near Performers as I believe she has to register down there?
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:11 pm Well the decision is final for us, having had offers from Performers, Urdang, London Studio Centre and reserve for Bird and Wilkes my dd has decided on the degree course at Performers....... what a journey!!!!! so now, my question is does anybody know which dr surgery is any good near Performers as I believe she has to register down there?
My dd was registered with Dr B Roy in Stanford-le-Hope from Performers’ list they give you. She can’t remember what the medical centre was called though sorry. Dd only went once in the year she was there and only saw a nurse but said the staff she met seemed very nice and the premises was lovely, it was a converted house. I have to admit we selected it simply as it was the closest to her rental house!
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:27 pm
jazzhandsmand wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:11 pm Well the decision is final for us, having had offers from Performers, Urdang, London Studio Centre and reserve for Bird and Wilkes my dd has decided on the degree course at Performers....... what a journey!!!!! so now, my question is does anybody know which dr surgery is any good near Performers as I believe she has to register down there?
My dd was registered with Dr B Roy in Stanford-le-Hope from Performers’ list they give you. She can’t remember what the medical centre was called though sorry. Dd only went once in the year she was there and only saw a nurse but said the staff she met seemed very nice and the premises was lovely, it was a converted house. I have to admit we selected it simply as it was the closest to her rental house!
Thanks... I'll look into that one
MTDreams
GRAMMY Award

Post by MTDreams »

Hi all, I haven't been on here since Feb/March. I have had a read through to catch up and wanted to congratulate everyone on their offers! I knew the audition process was going to be stressful but what a weird year it has been on top of that. I take my hat off to all the boys and girls who go through this every year! My DD has accepted an offer for the GSA MT foundation year. She is very excited as its her dream school. :D
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

MTDreams wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:35 pm Hi all, I haven't been on here since Feb/March. I have had a read through to catch up and wanted to congratulate everyone on their offers! I knew the audition process was going to be stressful but what a weird year it has been on top of that. I take my hat off to all the boys and girls who go through this every year! My DD has accepted an offer for the GSA MT foundation year. She is very excited as its her dream school. :D
That's brilliant. Well done to your dd. And you're right what a weird year it has been!!
Debdoos
Nominee

Post by Debdoos »

Congratulations Guildford is a lovely place. It has been really tough and I suspect will be getting stranger come September.
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

Fabulous virtual induction day with EDA today. All systems go for September. One very excited DS.
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

MTDreams wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:35 pm Hi all, I haven't been on here since Feb/March. I have had a read through to catch up and wanted to congratulate everyone on their offers! I knew the audition process was going to be stressful but what a weird year it has been on top of that. I take my hat off to all the boys and girls who go through this every year! My DD has accepted an offer for the GSA MT foundation year. She is very excited as its her dream school. :D
Congratulations, the BA's ( my DD ) have a really good group chat, they have been doing quizzes and all sorts. All very much looking forward to meeting each other , if she searches Facebook freshers she will probably find them
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Harry2003 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:00 pm Fabulous virtual induction day with EDA today. All systems go for September. One very excited DS.
That's great, mine has just finished BTEC 2nd year. Is he doing, BA/ BTEC/Gap?
Whichever he will love it!
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Post by Harry2003 »

He’s doing BTECH. So glad your dd had such a great time and clearly did exceptionally well. Exciting times ahead.
hewood
BRIT Award

Post by hewood »

She did it! Off to GSA on the MT degree in September. Thanks everyone for all your support and advice along the way, really thought we were in for year three of auditions, so I'm very happy but also very relieved :D
BonfireBelle
Nominee

Post by BonfireBelle »

hewood wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm She did it! Off to GSA on the MT degree in September. Thanks everyone for all your support and advice along the way, really thought we were in for year three of auditions, so I'm very happy but also very relieved :D
Fantastic news 😍 Huge congratulations. Time to celebrate now 🎉
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

hewood wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:22 pm She did it! Off to GSA on the MT degree in September. Thanks everyone for all your support and advice along the way, really thought we were in for year three of auditions, so I'm very happy but also very relieved :D
Congratulations Now time to pour a large glass