Auditioning for 2020 straight actiing (Not MT)

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Mumoffive
BRIT Award

Auditioning for 2020 straight actiing (Not MT)

Post by Mumoffive »

I'm starting a new thread because so many DC on the other thread are triple threat and my DS does not sing or dance. I'm sure his school are supporting him but I want to get my head round it myself. I know RADA and LAMDA. Where else should he be looking at?
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for 2020 straight actiing (Not MT)

Post by MTlover123 »

Rose Bruford, Trinity, Oxford School of Drama, Manchester School of Theatre, LIPA, Bristol Old Vic and many many more. Good luck to your DC it’s an incredibly intense process and some of the recalls go on forever but very worthwhile if you’re lucky enough to obtain a place.
joluth1
Nominee

Post by joluth1 »

Mumoffive wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:28 pm I'm starting a new thread because so many DC on the other thread are triple threat and my DS does not sing or dance. I'm sure his school are supporting him but I want to get my head round it myself. I know RADA and LAMDA. Where else should he be looking at?
Hi my son went through this process a number of years ago. He applied to East 15, Birmingham Conservatoire , lamda, central, rose bruford, guildhall and gsa and I’m sure a few more. First year he got east 15 foundation and lamda foundation but went for east 15 as funded. It was invaluable - it prepped for the next year auditions where he got 3 year ba at Birmingham. He has now graduated and is working as an actor- it’s worth it in the end! Good luck
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Even places like Arts Ed and Mountview offer straight acting courses, though be careful the tuition fees of these two plus some others are more than you can get a student loan for. If it's drama schools he's looking at rather than a drama/acting degree at a university then he needs to make that clear to his school if they are advising him, not all are clued up. Good luck to him.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Hi everyone,
I've been in and out of this forum for 5 years. My DS is now in his 2nd year at Bristol Old Vic after 3 years of auditions at all the major acting schools. I have lots of experience of autitions, all rounds and the process. Can probably tell you a bit about the audition days and what to expect and what your DC will be asked to do. I can certainly help on monologues, songs do's and dont's. Happy to help if any one wants any info at all :-) Good luck everyone, it's carnage and you will need plenty of wine! x