Best time to apply for Sept 2020

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Best time to apply for Sept 2020

Post by Marissa »

My dd did 3 before Xmas 3 after. I don't know if this means anything but she was more successful after Xmas. Maybe she was more prepared although as her first time she wasn't expecting to get into the first few that she auditioned for and luckily she ended up in her perfect place and is very happy x
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

My DS applied for the earliest ones he could
Mainly because he gets a few heavy colds over winter so if he was ill, there was half a chance of being able to rebook onto a later date.
I can certainly recommend applying for early dates for Arts Ed, they accept and offer as each audition date happens, and certainly last year as the dates went in they were more and more crowded to capacity.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Mammamia
BRIT Award

Post by Mammamia »

Many thanks for all the replies . It’s great to get so much helpful information :D
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

When my DD first applied she went for early auditions and only got Foundation offers - she (in hindsight) felt she had auditioned too early. Second time round she went for February time and got offers within a week. She had been on Performers Pre Voc course and had wanted as much training as possible before auditioning again. Performers automatically audition the Pre Voc students but in the last round of their auditions, so can be as late as April - happy to say that is where she chose to stay and loving every minute. :D
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

lyndahill wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:30 pm When my DD first applied she went for early auditions and only got Foundation offers - she (in hindsight) felt she had auditioned too early. Second time round she went for February time and got offers within a week. She had been on Performers Pre Voc course and had wanted as much training as possible before auditioning again. Performers automatically audition the Pre Voc students but in the last round of their auditions, so can be as late as April - happy to say that is where she chose to stay and loving every minute. :D
This is my DD this year, absolutely loves it there and desperate to stay, such a family atmosphere, wish we were a year ahead like you!
Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

My DD is now in her second year and often provides advice to those going through the audition process. She auditioned at Urdang, Laine, Bird, Wilkes and Performers are was offered places at all (most with funding offers) but only managed this by spreading out the auditions as far as possible in case of injuries/illness but also as she was studying for A levels too. It's an enjoyable process but also stressful when confidence is knocked/low. It's also expensive so spreading them out meant that hotel and travel costs were managed more effectively!! I would echo that trying to organise the auditions with first choice being last so that they really know what to expect...although of course, the college that was top of the list beforehand became 3rd choice afterwards! It all worked out brilliantly as she's off to Pantoland very soon! Good luck everyone.