Read College

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Proseccoplease
GRAMMY Award

Read College

Post by Proseccoplease »

Hi, Does anyone here have any experience of Read College’s MT or acting pathway at sixth form? Couldn’t find a thread in here about it but may have missed it! I know nothing apart from website info so any experience would be great to hear about.
jacsrab
BRIT Award

Re: Read College

Post by jacsrab »

My daughter is there doing the MT Foundation course at the moment. It's fabulous! Small numbers, intimate, teachers very accessible. It's just what she needed to build her confidence, brush up on her dance skills and prepare her for auditions this term.
It's full on training- think 8.30-18.00 5 days a week- and they hit the ground running.
She's loving it !
They say that they get all of their students onto next level courses and even at this stage, offers are being received form all the top schools.
musicalmummy123
Nominee

Re: Read College

Post by musicalmummy123 »

My son is currently in his first year on the musical theatre pathway on sixth form and is absolutely loving in. It is a triple-threat course so equal emphasis on acting, singing and dancing. He went to the college primarily as a singer with no technical dance training and has improved so much since September. The class sizes are intimate and teaches are very accessible so no feeling of just another number or feeling lonely. Over 25+ contact hours a week so very full on course which is good in preparation for drama school auditions.