Stella Mann College

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Stella Mann College

Post by tracyelwell »

My daughter auditioned for Stella Mann on Monday and has been offered a place. They only take 45 a year, anyone got any advice on the school
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: Stella Mann College

Post by islandofsodor »

I don't think they are top of the pack. Their reputation dipped about 10 years ago as can be seen in their ofsted report and so they probably don't get the calibre of applicants other colleges do because of this. Their most recent ofsted report however is good but not outstanding.

However when we saw them at CDMT a few years ago I was impressed with their dancers. I could tell that some of their dancers did not have the same starting point as the likes of Bird, Hammond, Laines but dd and I could tell from the lines and placement that they were being very well trained and I would have been happy for dd to apply there.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Thanks. My daughter has been offered a place with IC, Bird and Urdang as well, but turned down Urdang as she felt she would be just another number. She has Performers in a couple of weeks. She is only 15 and has 2 back ups with Emilidale and The Brits if she doesn't get the DaDA.

But she has only been training for 2 years so we are in shocked that she has been offered places at all auditions.
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

My Dd felt that about some of the larger London area Colleges too.
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Yeah, Urdang is housed in beautiful facilities but I know what she meant, there were so many auditionees there the day we went.

But Stella Mann only take 45 students a year
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

islandofsodor wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:21 pm My Dd felt that about some of the larger London area Colleges too.
DD and I were talking about this earlier x I asked her if she regretted not going to a "better ranked" place. She said no, she thought she was ready for London but once she was in Chester she realised she wasn't and is very, very happy at The Hammond x She loves the family feel there xxx and the fact she doesn't have to worry about the money lol. Goodluck traceywell it sounds like your dd has done very well xx
tracyelwell
BRIT Award

Post by tracyelwell »

Thank you and good luck to your dd too. We do look at the Hammond School but we are just outside London, even though she will have to board where ever she goes, it seems pointless auditioning further up the country.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

tracyelwell wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:00 pm Thank you and good luck to your dd too. We do look at the Hammond School but we are just outside London, even though she will have to board where ever she goes, it seems pointless auditioning further up the country.
It sounds like your dd has some fab options!! My dd is in her 2nd yr now so starting to panic about finishing next yr eek!!!!