Bird Reserve List

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Re: Bird Reserve List

Post by Dancecrazy »

:idea:
Tess50 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 pm I don't think that's right about very few getting offers - my 16 year old auditioned in February and 3 got offered on the day and she got her offer about 3 weeks later for the 3 year diploma course and I know 3 more who did video auditions and all got places without being on a reserve list
It depends on their score at audition . From what I was told a minority get offers shortly after audition and the rest go on a reserve list which starts to get sorted around mid June so being on a reserve list is not a bad thing . In fact it’s quite a fair way of doing it . My dd was offered a place at Bird about two weeks after a video audition .She’s declined it anyway as wouldn’t be happy to go somewhere that she’s never been to in person . She’s also declined performers a long while back as we have a lot of relatives in other parts of Essex who said it’s in the middle of nowhere and accommodation and transport are very difficult .
Going to sit down this weekend to sort out the pros and cons of the rest of the offers . Unfortunately we are not entitled to DaDAs based on our income so it will probably cost about £25K per year for college / accommodation 😭
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Dancecrazy wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:03 pm :idea:
Tess50 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 pm I don't think that's right about very few getting offers - my 16 year old auditioned in February and 3 got offered on the day and she got her offer about 3 weeks later for the 3 year diploma course and I know 3 more who did video auditions and all got places without being on a reserve list
It depends on their score at audition . From what I was told a minority get offers shortly after audition and the rest go on a reserve list which starts to get sorted around mid June so being on a reserve list is not a bad thing . In fact it’s quite a fair way of doing it . My dd was offered a place at Bird about two weeks after a video audition .She’s declined it anyway as wouldn’t be happy to go somewhere that she’s never been to in person . She’s also declined performers a long while back as we have a lot of relatives in other parts of Essex who said it’s in the middle of nowhere and accommodation and transport are very difficult .
Going to sit down this weekend to sort out the pros and cons of the rest of the offers . Unfortunately we are not entitled to DaDAs based on our income so it will probably cost about £25K per year for college / accommodation 😭
Yeah we were emailed today to say it will be end of June at least.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

The Pre Voc year still haven’t been told. We’re hoping it’s today as otherwise it’s half term for them next week so won’t be told for another few weeks x
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 am The Pre Voc year still haven’t been told. We’re hoping it’s today as otherwise it’s half term for them next week so won’t be told for another few weeks x
Our email also said to let them know if you wanted to come off the reserve list so I imagine they are still shuffling places at the moment and the list. So the prevoc dont even know if they are reserve?
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

I think you may just know a very talented group! Unless Bird have changed, historically they have only given around 25% of places out at auditions, everyone else gets a no or goes on the reserve list. They are very well known in the audition process for having the worst/longest reserve list that is still moving at the end of August, I even know someone who was offered a place after term had started! Last year for some odd reason the reserve list had hardly any movement, even Bird said they didn’t know why, just hope for some in here that it moves better this year.
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:27 am
Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:18 am The Pre Voc year still haven’t been told. We’re hoping it’s today as otherwise it’s half term for them next week so won’t be told for another few weeks x
Our email also said to let them know if you wanted to come off the reserve list so I imagine they are still shuffling places at the moment and the list. So the prevoc dont even know if they are reserve?
No they haven’t been told anything at all. Really kept them waiting.
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

I'm not saying I know a talented group just what my daughter and her friends experienced. I hope the list moves quickly for those waiting.
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

Tess50 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:52 am I'm not saying I know a talented group just what my daughter and her friends experienced. I hope the list moves quickly for those waiting.
I wasn’t trying to contradict you or anything but just thought it was important to clarify that most of the places have not been offered yet in case parents on here who’s kids are on the reserve list were panicking !
My dd declined her place very quickly thinking that it would speed things up to offer it to someone else but we were told that most places don’t start to be given out until mid/end June .
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

So does anyone know that if I do my full income assesment for Performers which is due in by Friday- then my daughter does get offered a DADA at Bird- can she then accept this one? I find it so confusing and am I bit worried about completing it incase she can’t then accept another 😫
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:36 pm So does anyone know that if I do my full income assesment for Performers which is due in by Friday- then my daughter does get offered a DADA at Bird- can she then accept this one? I find it so confusing and am I bit worried about completing it incase she can’t then accept another 😫
Might be worth asking Bird? I’m sure they’d know and that would also show that while you are accepting Performers your daughter would rather go to Bird x
Tess50
BRIT Award

Post by Tess50 »

When my daughter got offered Performers and they had a deadline but was also waiting on Laine I contacted Laine who said it's not legally binding to accept one Dada when you are waiting on the decision for another one but as someone else says may be no harm in explaining your situation to Bird.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

You can accept more than one DADA and then hold onto them as you decide between them. Schools report back as far as I am aware with a list of who they have given DADAs to and from end of June/July time, if you are still holding onto more than one DADA you will be contacted and asked to make a decision. I don't have knowledge of the actual dates they start contacting people but I know there was a girl who auditioned the same year as my DD who accepted 4 DADAs and then decided she would wait until until after her GCSE exams finished at the end of June before making her final decision - not that fair perhaps to the many on reserve lists waiting for news - but at the end of the day, if you have multiple offers you should not feel rushed to decide which school/college is the best fit.
Gibbo68
Nominee

Post by Gibbo68 »

Reserve list is starting to move, DD had phone call this morning offering degree place 😊
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Gibbo68 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 pm Reserve list is starting to move, DD had phone call this morning offering degree place 😊
Well done to your dd!!!!
😬😬😬
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

Gibbo68 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:07 pm Reserve list is starting to move, DD had phone call this morning offering degree place 😊
Congratulations to your dd . Great news!