Bird Reserve List

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Re: Bird Reserve List

Post by jazzhandsmand »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:07 pm
jazzhandsmand wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:44 pm
Crazytime wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:04 am Has anyone heard from Bird yet ? ( apart from the email sent last week asking about the diploma reserve )
All this waiting for Bird is absolutely ridiculous!!
This is early for Bird, they are renowned for still offering places in August! The Bird reserve list is
legendary on here!
I know ... I still think it's crazy though. I can't imagine what it is like for those who have only the Bird reserve list as an option.. torture to be waiting this long for them.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

jazzhandsmand wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:10 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:07 pm
jazzhandsmand wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:44 pm

All this waiting for Bird is absolutely ridiculous!!
This is early for Bird, they are renowned for still offering places in August! The Bird reserve list is
legendary on here!
I know ... I still think it's crazy though. I can't imagine what it is like for those who have only the Bird reserve list as an option.. torture to be waiting this long for them.
I’ve always said too, why is it only Bird’s reserve list that is like this, you never hear of so many of any other lists, or so many late offers, it’s always Birds that is talked about so makes you wonder what they do differently. I’m not saying other colleges don’t offer late but those do seem to be in the minority compared to the number Bird do.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Got an email back from Bird today after my question after the comment that the list had started moving and they said they are still finalising the list and still can't say until the end of june. So more waiting.
Crazytime
BRIT Award

Post by Crazytime »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:40 pm Got an email back from Bird today after my question after the comment that the list had started moving and they said they are still finalising the list and still can't say until the end of june. So more waiting.
Erghhhh 🤦🏽‍♀️🙈
Dancecrazy
BRIT Award

Post by Dancecrazy »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:40 pm Got an email back from Bird today after my question after the comment that the list had started moving and they said they are still finalising the list and still can't say until the end of june. So more waiting.
That’s just so annoying and confusing . My dd declined her place several weeks ago thinking that someone else could get the place straight away but doesn’t seem that it works kind that 😢
The other thread on here had a post from someone saying there was a freshers meeting last night so wonder what that was about . I was under the impression that the majority of places are given out from end of June onwards
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Dancecrazy wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:11 pm
That’s just so annoying and confusing . My dd declined her place several weeks ago thinking that someone else could get the place straight away but doesn’t seem that it works kind that 😢
The other thread on here had a post from someone saying there was a freshers meeting last night so wonder what that was about . I was under the impression that the majority of places are given out from end of June onwards
Yes I commented on that as it seems an odd thing to do if you don't have all your freshers yet. I did reply to birds email yesterday to ask if they are having a smaller year group as that seemed to be the rumours and they said not. They still have places to offer and can tell me at the end of the month where my daughter is on the list and the likelihood of her getting a place.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

From what I understand the freshers meeting was for those offered a place from video auditions after lockdown. This is because those students/parents didn’t get to have the hour talk from senior staff which usually starts off the audition day . Also I think there are going to be more degree places and less diploma - assuming this is to do with available funding and lots of 2nd and 3rd year students now need financial help due to parents work situations changing. I suppose the thinking is that degree places will be eligible for student finance and maintenance . My DD was told that the year size will still be the same though. Hope this helps .
Kpb1407
Nominee

Post by Kpb1407 »

Lmum wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 am From what I understand the freshers meeting was for those offered a place from video auditions after lockdown. This is because those students/parents didn’t get to have the hour talk from senior staff which usually starts off the audition day . Also I think there are going to be more degree places and less diploma - assuming this is to do with available funding and lots of 2nd and 3rd year students now need financial help due to parents work situations changing. I suppose the thinking is that degree places will be eligible for student finance and maintenance . My DD was told that the year size will still be the same though. Hope this helps .
That’s our understanding that the call was for people who were offered a place from video auditions. My daughter wasn’t on call as offered a place in March.
Lmum
BRIT Award

Post by Lmum »

Kpb1407 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:50 am
Lmum wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:18 am From what I understand the freshers meeting was for those offered a place from video auditions after lockdown. This is because those students/parents didn’t get to have the hour talk from senior staff which usually starts off the audition day . Also I think there are going to be more degree places and less diploma - assuming this is to do with available funding and lots of 2nd and 3rd year students now need financial help due to parents work situations changing. I suppose the thinking is that degree places will be eligible for student finance and maintenance . My DD was told that the year size will still be the same though. Hope this helps .
That’s our understanding that the call was for people who were offered a place from video auditions. My daughter wasn’t on call as offered a place in March.
My DD wasn’t in the call either as place confirmed at audition before lockdown too . She has spoken to lots in the freshers group online though to find out what was happening. My DD still knows of 5 waiting to hear from online auditions and 1 who has been rejected so still hope for those waiting as not all place confirmed yet .
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Ah that is interesting to know. They lady yesterday said there was around 70 people on which was concerning but it could've been staff too I guess. If there are 70 new people offered from videos and this doesn't include those offered before this then it doesn't seem to leave many spaces.
jazzhandsmand
BRIT Award

Post by jazzhandsmand »

Never ending waiting for this college!! I really hope they let everyone know at the end of June then... but I guess there will still be some who will have to wait til the last minute ](*,)
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

Dancemum1973 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:40 pm
Ah that is interesting to know. They lady yesterday said there was around 70 people on which was concerning but it could've been staff too I guess. If there are 70 new people offered from videos and this doesn't include those offered before this then it doesn't seem to leave many spaces.
I was on the meeting and there was about 70 people. Only one staff member - Luis. But it was Diploma, degree and foundation year. My daughter has just finished on the foundation year there and we still found the meeting really informative in regards to September etc x
Katyben
BRIT Award

Post by Katyben »

How’s everyone doing? Any good news yet? X
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Katyben wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 am How’s everyone doing? Any good news yet? X
Nothing here. It's very frustrating.
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Ah just checked my emails and my daughter has forwarded a preliminary dada application form. She never said just forwarded it yesterday. She did ask to go on the diploma with dada reserve list as well as the degree reserve list too.