Performers Uniform

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Re: Performers Uniform

Post by dancelifemum »

Gibbo68 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:03 pm I did get her to send a photo but then realised I couldn’t post it! There isn’t a brand, it was from their suggested outlet, Danceland at Dalbys, (Southend). It has a bra shelf. It has double straps which cross over at the back. Hope that helps!
yes we tried one on. It is made by ARABESQUE which is part of Dalby's business so you can't purchase elsewhere.....
Jofitz
Nominee

Post by Jofitz »

Didn’t realise they had different ballet Leo’s every year so I imagine that first years will be selling on. There is quite an active sale but on Facebook. I bought 2 but daughter only worn one as things have been a bit weird this year and they haven’t changed between lessons like they would normally do.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 am Hi we have visited Dalby's as it's not too far away.
The camisole cross straps at back is the preferred style she told us...they prefer students to buy this one unless they have to wear a bra and need the other one.

The stage shoes are a prototype from Freed and are very similar to Laduca style Elizabeth...she said they are trying on the samples and taking orders and giving feedback to Freed on the fit. My daughter tried on and she made a note of size on a form.

We bought a few tights etc as we can use those anywhere. She also checked our pointe shoes and said they are fine but if we buy others then not to sew the ribbons on etc until ballet teacher Miss Davis? has checked them as she is quite strict. She made a note of our style and size so that we won't need the fitting as says it'll get very busy and some pupils won't have ever been on pointe so less stressful to check all now. Any style pointe show is ok as long as not Gaynor M's as teacher dislikes them as they do all the work for the feet and they are still in training.

Hope that helps?
That’s very helpful, especially re pointe shoes. I’ll make sure that the ribbons aren’t attached then so Miss Davis can check them. I called and spoke to one of the ladies at Dalbys and she was really helpful. She explained things well, so as we are in London I’ll send her my order form and I’ll collect everything when DD moves in. I was lucky enough to do a screenshot from their stories so I have the sample pic of the 2 leo styles. Are you all set now, have you managed to sort her accommodation too?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Jofitz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:49 pm Didn’t realise they had different ballet Leo’s every year so I imagine that first years will be selling on. There is quite an active sale but on Facebook. I bought 2 but daughter only worn one as things have been a bit weird this year and they haven’t changed between lessons like they would normally do.
yes we know a couple of first years that haven't been able to wear theirs so we have the offer of those if needed.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:57 pm
dancelifemum wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:33 am Hi we have visited Dalby's as it's not too far away.
The camisole cross straps at back is the preferred style she told us...they prefer students to buy this one unless they have to wear a bra and need the other one.

The stage shoes are a prototype from Freed and are very similar to Laduca style Elizabeth...she said they are trying on the samples and taking orders and giving feedback to Freed on the fit. My daughter tried on and she made a note of size on a form.

We bought a few tights etc as we can use those anywhere. She also checked our pointe shoes and said they are fine but if we buy others then not to sew the ribbons on etc until ballet teacher Miss Davis? has checked them as she is quite strict. She made a note of our style and size so that we won't need the fitting as says it'll get very busy and some pupils won't have ever been on pointe so less stressful to check all now. Any style pointe show is ok as long as not Gaynor M's as teacher dislikes them as they do all the work for the feet and they are still in training.

Hope that helps?
That’s very helpful, especially re pointe shoes. I’ll make sure that the ribbons aren’t attached then so Miss Davis can check them. I called and spoke to one of the ladies at Dalbys and she was really helpful. She explained things well, so as we are in London I’ll send her my order form and I’ll collect everything when DD moves in. I was lucky enough to do a screenshot from their stories so I have the sample pic of the 2 leo styles. Are you all set now, have you managed to sort her accommodation too?
Well one pair are existing so they have ribbons on but we will order the same ones from them as it says we need a couple of pair. I know they have sets for ballet and tap so I guess it depends which sets how much pointe you will do? We kind of have something reserved pending a possible Laine/Bird curve ball....so I am buying the items that I know will work either way or the items and bits for a room eg duvets etc..... I won't buy kitchen stuff until we know exactly who or what we are doing.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Jofitz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:49 pm Didn’t realise they had different ballet Leo’s every year so I imagine that first years will be selling on. There is quite an active sale but on Facebook. I bought 2 but daughter only worn one as things have been a bit weird this year and they haven’t changed between lessons like they would normally do.
Can you shed light on why there are over 300 odd on the new fb group? I am assuming current students join too to offer room shares etc? Or is it parents? I can't believe there are that many attending? lol it seems the same for the previous year groups too....
Jofitz
Nominee

Post by Jofitz »

Sorry have no clue? There is not that many is year 1 currently but there is the new birmingham site too so could it be both? I didn’t join the group just relied on limited info from DD.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Also said not to bother buying the warm up suit! We tried it on and DD face was a picture ;) She said not to worry and said if was used to wearing tights etc in ballet not to bother...she felt it was more for those that felt self-conscious? although it wasn't very flattering. Could always buy it later if they all were wearing them. it was like an off the shoulder Andy Pandy suit.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

Jofitz wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:13 pm Sorry have no clue? There is not that many is year 1 currently but there is the new birmingham site too so could it be both? I didn’t join the group just relied on limited info from DD.
ok no there are two pages....birmingham and essex. I didn't dare join! haha
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:03 pm
Can you shed light on why there are over 300 odd on the new fb group? I am assuming current students join too to offer room shares etc? Or is it parents? I can't believe there are that many attending? lol it seems the same for the previous year groups too....
I think lots on the group are current students so they can arrange accommodation and look for new roommates. I don’t think parents can get in the group, it took DD a week after requesting to join to be accepted while they waited on UCAS to confirm she had accepted. There are a few snap chat groups with all the new starters, the total across these is approx 150.
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:24 pm
I think lots on the group are current students so they can arrange accommodation and look for new roommates. I don’t think parents can get in the group, it took DD a week after requesting to join to be accepted while they waited on UCAS to confirm she had accepted. There are a few snap chat groups with all the new starters, the total across these is approx 150.
Thank you...I hope your daughter enjoyed her show and you were able to watch.
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:55 pm

My DD didn’t have a show. She’s been doing her A’levels at 6th form. Did your DD have a final show?
dancelifemum
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancelifemum »

anastasia79 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:08 pm

My DD didn’t have a show. She’s been doing her A’levels at 6th form. Did your DD have a final show?
No she has a showcase soon with her dance school....but I was referring to Performers show as Jofitz DD is first year.... :D
anastasia79
GRAMMY Award

Post by anastasia79 »

dancelifemum wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:42 am
anastasia79 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:08 pm

No she has a showcase soon with her dance school....but I was referring to Performers show as Jofitz DD is first year.... :D
Ahh that makes so much sense now 😂. Lovely for your DD, her final show then it’s off to a new school in September.
Jofitz
Nominee

Post by Jofitz »

I wasn’t sure if you meant me 🤣🤣 yes is was fabulous to see them all on stage again and such a bunch of talented dancers and the singing was brilliant too. Excited to see what the “real” shows will be like. Xx