Graduating Bristol Old Vic

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Rhymie
BRIT Award

Graduating Bristol Old Vic

Post by Rhymie »

Hi all, I just wanted to say, after the epic 4 year auditioning struggle, which some of you may remember, my Son is just graduating from Bristol Old vic this year, with a choice of agents. It's hard work, sometimes it feels like a thankless task, but for all those starting their journey, sick with it because it's worth it in the end. Without graduating from one of the top schools there is little chance of getting the best agency representation and even with it, it will still be an uphill struggle, just with more throttle. Keep going and good luck to you all x
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Re: Graduating Bristol Old Vic

Post by lawn »

Hi Rhymie,

I remember those days and him getting in. Your words have come at a great time for us, because yesterday daughter was put in a dilemma versus a better known/lesser known drama school. So, thank you. I thinks he's close to making her choice. Good luck to your son with his graduation and ther next stage of his journey.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Fantastic news!!! I remember clearly the stress of each step! And now the not knowing what may happen next. Goodluck to your son x
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Thank you :D
jaybeeyellow
GRAMMY Award

Post by jaybeeyellow »

Hi Rhymie,
Well done to your son for graduating, and for securing an agent.
If I may be so bold; I would hate to think that people reading here would think that it is almost impossible to secure a good agent unless you have attended a top school.
There are plenty of graduates from a wide spectrum of drama schools who secure good( whatever that may mean) agents and who work subsequently.