Agencies for Child Acting Only

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

In4aPenny
GRAMMY Award

Agencies for Child Acting Only

Post by In4aPenny »

Has there been a disuccsion on agencies that only deal with children who Act? IE, not an Agent Agent who combines with commercial work. Are there any purely Acting child Agencies out there and if so how good are they?
Golightly
BRIT Award

Re: Agencies for Child Acting Only

Post by Golightly »

Child actors in TV dramas aren't particularly well paid unless they're established names (and by virtue of their age most are relative newcomers) - I don't think many agencies could survive by purely representing young children for TV and film roles (although I could be wrong but I'm not aware of any!). So most agencies will also deal with adult actors or also deal with commercial work for children where there are far more opportunities and far more money to be made to ensure a reasonable income.
However your child doesn't need to do commercials, it's something you can discuss when you meet an agency, my dd has never done commercials, we said when she was taken on by a children's agency that she was only interested in acting, and the larger adult agencies generally have separate commercial divisions.