Top Talent Agency or Abacus?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

onawhim
Nominee

Top Talent Agency or Abacus?

Post by onawhim »

Hi, my DS (12) and DD (9) have just auditioned successfully at Top Talent Agency but also have auditions for Abacus Agency. I am new to this world - does anyone have any advice? Is one better than the other? What do we need an agent for - I've been getting them auditions from the generous information posted on this website. Help please!
onawhim
Nominee

Re: Top Talent Agency or Abacus?

Post by onawhim »

Just to add that I have taken time to search the existing threads on this but have not found the information I need.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I can't say which would work out better for your DCs as I believe they are both successful and popular agencies, but the reason for having an agent is that many castings - almost all for paid work except for the big theatre productions - are only open to agents. My DS was in Matilda and then Billy Elliot without an agent, but he has one now that he's hoping for some screen experience.

Well done for the offer from Top Talent and I hope it all works out.
Cupcakes
BRIT Award

Post by Cupcakes »

Which one did you decide to go with? I have no experience of these but have heard both are good abacus have probably been around for longer?
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

My daughters have been represented by both agencies. Both are very good, but very different. Feel free to PM me if you want to share experiences.

Deb x