How long for replies

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

mumamia
GRAMMY Award

How long for replies

Post by mumamia »

I was just wondering if anybody could tell me if they know how long agencies take to reply after you have sent by post or email for representation.
I dont expect them all to reply also some ask for monologue to be filmed after you have applied is there a time limit where you might think this is probably a no if you have not heard.
It is just the not knowing that is the hardest.
Kind Regards
Mumamia
aspiringactor
BRIT Award

Re: How long for replies

Post by aspiringactor »

Just for anybody else who is wondering the same thing, it can take anything from 24 hrs to 2 weeks. After a month, I would assume they aren't interested in representing you.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

It varies alot depending on how many applications theyv had etc but i'd say if you've not heard anything after a month then assume its a no but sometimes if agencies books are closed at that time they may still keep your childa details on record for when they open again! Its horrible waiting though isnt it- iv just applied for a couple for my daughter as i wanted a change and i feel like im constantly checking my emails! X
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

It varies SO much! Wouldn't agree with after a month assume its a no,for most probably yes, but a few years back DD got asked to send a self tape for a big agency and after she had sent it we didn't hear anything, two and a half months later they got back offering her rep, but by this time she had already signed to another lovely agency! Can be so frustrating how long they keep you waiting x