A&J or Top Talent?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

amanda08
BRIT Award

A&J or Top Talent?

Post by amanda08 »

Hi everyone :)
This is only my second post on here but I have read LOTS of the forum over the last year :) We have just moved to the UK from Holland and our 11 year old DS has been on the hunt for an agent. He has lots of professional experience but overseas, and we have been chasing some of the bigger agents and are waiting to here back from several still, but we have had offers of representation from A&J and Top Talent.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom for me lol? He tends to get more serious roles and has only every been cast for a handful of Tvc's etc so I am trying to steer us away from the bigger kids agencies with mostly commercial work, towards an agency with maybe less auditions but ones more suited to DS. Help! :?

Amanda
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Re: A&J or Top Talent?

Post by Mamadetres »

He has done well, in my opinion all the agents get the same breakdowns that they submit their clients for. I would personally prefer a smaller agent that doesn't have a lot of kids and that can concentrate of them individually. Both AJ & TT are good agents but are large with a lot of children
amanda08
BRIT Award

Post by amanda08 »

Hi Mamadetres :) thanks for taking the time to reply. Have your heard of Taga management? They have also offered but I am struggling to find any reviews about them?

I am so worried about making the wrong choice lol. It works completely different in Holland to hear and kids dont even have an Agent there!
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

You are welcome, it is a minefield I know, if they are not tying you in for any long period then I would personally go for the smaller agency and see what happens the great thing once you have an agency you can change at any time. Good luck :D
Maggiemay
BRIT Award

Post by Maggiemay »

A & J are a small agency? My ds is in a 3 yr age range category with only 8 other boys. They have been fantastic for us, we chose them over the larger agencies as we'd heard great things about them and we couldn't be any happier with them. Ds had some fantastic opportunities with them in tv, film and theatre. They really know their clients. I'm sure other agencies great too but just wanted to share our experience.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Based on my experience of others with those 2 agencies I would pick A&J. They are a great agency for some and certainly get all of the briefs/breakdowns - good luck!