Finding New Agent

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Finding New Agent

Post by Irishdancer »

While we where sitting at LAX airport earky in Friday morning ds got a email from his agent to say he is leaving and going to do be on the production side of the business so ds has to find new agent so cross he could have phoned him up and talked to him ds got new head shots done in LA on so emailed agent to say that if it was ok we would get the photographer to send profs to him to pick that was Monday he said that was ok never said any thing about leaving agents page on agency web site is not there any more ds has a month to get new agent we are away till 8t March so dose not give him much time. After having to send his CV out 30-40 times last time before he got a yes but at least last time he did have a agent, the only good thing he has got a new up to date showreel which he did not have last time so now well when ds gets back the CV sending out begins. Last time had to give 3 months notice this time if he gets an agent can start straight away.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Re: Finding New Agent

Post by Irishdancer »

Ds old agent gave him this advise about writing a good letter to a agent thought I would pass it on

You want to phrase your email so it’s as enticing as possible. Listing your credits make agents pay attention so throw them in along with a little bit about you. I think you should seriously think about drama schools next year as I think it would really help push you along. You are very talented and deserve to go far and I think technical training would really facilitate that.
Thought it was nice he also said if agents want a referance from him just give the agent his personal email and he would give ds a ref hopefully he will find some thing soon it's just annoying it has come when we are out of the country
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Is your DS going to take his advice and apply for drama school? Good luck with finding a new agent!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Yes next year a bit late for this year has to sort out monologues a friend who is an actor said she will sort him out
mich707
GRAMMY Award

Post by mich707 »

Good luck with finding a new agent, i'm sure your DS will be fine..its just hassle though isn't it!!! :?
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

DS got a new agent and they are really good just waiting for first casting such a releaf sent out over 20 emails heard back from 2 one asked him to send his cv in by postings very hard as agents get so many emails that I'm sure a lot go into there trash mail and agents don't even see the email. DS was going to keep a note of who he emailed and what dAte then email them again a few weeks later to make sure they saw his email then do it 2 more times to make sure. Feel the ones you have to send by post are better as they can not be deleted agents will look at them when not busy. The trouble is the cost .95p for letter then .95 for SAE some they ask you to send, trouble some agents even give a reply even though you have put in a SAE. I had to buy a printer £35 then went out to buy more ink as had not heard back from meetings so in all it cost £80 with cost of printer paper photo paper and new ink did not have to use new ink. It's the photos which make the ink run out. So now have lots of ink bought 1 extra black as it's the black that seems to go. It's a Epson XP-235 so if any one needs new printer ink will sell at a reduced rate
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Have you ever been to Boots and had a photo printed there? You can use one on disc,usb, phone or tablet,they have an area where you can sit and do it,staff are helpful too,it might be cheaper than using all of your ink up.
Just a thought.
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Good idea lotsolaffs never thought of that if ds needs more photo will try that hopefully his new agent will work out and he won't need to print any more
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

So glad to hear he found a new agent, what a shock it must have been to hear the old one was leaving :( Hope he does really well with them
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Thanks we where sitting in LAX airport waiting for a flight to Tucson a week into are holiday had no idea he was leaving earlier in the week emailed him to ask if he would sort out the photos ds had done in LA as needed a laptop to save them he said yes then 4 days later ds got the email that agent was giving up and going into production so really was a shock