ology/ northern agencies

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

ology/ northern agencies

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Hi i just wondered if anyone knew what Ology were like? And also whether they are sole or non sole. Also if there are any other northern agencys people would recommend? We're currently looking for a new agency for DD and so far have applied for scream (no reply as of yet), The Drama Mob (got a yes) and Ology (assessment workshop later this month) but undecided where to choose and whether to apply anywhere else x
emmac41
Nominee

Re: ology/ northern agencies

Post by emmac41 »

Hi I'd be interested too in any advice....my daughter is currently with a and j but we are wNting to move to a northern agency. I've looked at scream but books are closed. We have thought about ology but not really sure what any of these are like so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

Scream had their audition workshops in Feb, I know a few people with them and they get lots of castings for adverts, still a huge amount of auditions in London. I don't know anyone with ology, we looked at them but went elsewhere. I know of a NW agency but they are very new and I'm not sure how much work they get, they are based in Blackpool and don't charge silly Photo/website fees, but as I said they are new.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Ooo which agency is that? Thats the only thing thata putting me off signing to The Drama Mob as a sole agency as they are quite new too. Hmmm decisions! Next ology workshop is at the end of this month so i might go to that and see what i think but then i dont know how long Drama mobs representation offer will stand for! Xx
tracie
BRIT Award

Post by tracie »

Hi
I would steer clear of Scream, they are very nice but not great at all. My child was with them for a while and in their Drama School which was awful. The best advice I could give you is to stay away from these big Agencies and look at smaller ones, they will take more time over your child.
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Hello,

Hello, my dd is 18 and has been with scream since she was 15. I have nothing but good to say about them as an agency. They have found her so many auditions and work, they get to know their clients so well, and are very easy to contact and so friendly. We are based in Birmingham the midlands but this has not been a problem, auditions are always Manchester and London. They also support DD finding work for herself which I know quite a few agents object to. How old is your DD? DD is now in the young performers category but was with the child division up until recently and they are both wonderful. She has never attended their theatre school but this has not been an issue :D I recommend dropping them an email and they will notify you when there books open!
We could not be happier with Scream!

Mel
X
Last edited by Melaniec123 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Thankyou for your help :) she is 7 x
Vickig
Nominee

Post by Vickig »

My daughter has been with Ology for the last 2 years and we have no complaints. It is a smaller agency and they really get to know the kids. My daughter has just been on Emmerdale, she was in the toys r us Christmas advert for the last 2 years and has done Ella's kitchen. They are always there with help and advice. Very friendly. Would really highly recommend them