Models direct ?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Anita123
Nominee

Models direct ?

Post by Anita123 »

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows much about models direct and the type of work they supply for their clients and if model direct is a scam as you are asked to pay a small contribution toward the online publication which is less than £44 per year. Their  'Offer of Representation' will be for three years as this is the optimum time for you to become established with them.The publication fee for the term is £132. But is it normal to pay an fee before getting jobs as they have called us three times asking if we payed the fee.If not,does anyone know any good reputable agencies for acting and modelling for teens ?

Thanks.

http://www.modelsdirect.com
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Re: Models direct ?

Post by lynne »

Hi
I don't know about modelling for for acting you should not be paying anything upfront except spotlight fees which are around £90 a year. If the agency does not use spotlight i would avoid it! Most work comes through spotlight for acting.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

My son has a portfolio shoot for a modelling agency next week and he isn't paying a penny. He is going with a top agency and although he is in his early 20's, I think it operates on a similar basis to an acting agency.
All new to me!
Anita123
Nominee

Post by Anita123 »

Thanks Lynne and Caroline A-C
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

Definitely one to avoid.

Don't pay up front fees to an agent and don't pay for portfolios.
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

Do not do it ..am sure there was some media interest in them few years back.