Top Talent

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

littleric14
BRIT Award

Top Talent

Post by littleric14 »

Hi my DD went for an audition with Top Talent last week and just received an email saying they would like to represent her.Is anyone with them on here or know anything about them? Thanks
Tamarindo
Nominee

Re: Top Talent

Post by Tamarindo »

Hi!

Don't know much about them, but just wanted to say congratulations! My DD auditioned for them in London on Tuesday and had a great time and although she felt it went really well unfortunately we have just had an e-mail to say she has not been successful. Onwards we go:-)

L
dws2015
BRIT Award

Post by dws2015 »

Hi Littleric14, we are in the same situation. Interested to see what responses you get. From their email it sounded like they want an answer pretty promptly, not sure how much time one gets to 'mull it over'? Also, not clear if we have a dedicated agent with whom we can speak directly and who will know our preferences? Is one allowed to have preferences so that DD doesn't get put forward for every opportunity to be an extra in 15 seconds of something?

All so new....
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

My DD was with Top Talent for 3 years.
Didnt get a lot of castings but this was due to her age / height and certainly not due to the efforts of the agency.
Warren Bacci continues to be supportive of my DD in all she does and I found him to be an excellent, professional agent.

If you need any more info please PM me and I'll be glad to recommend further.
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

DanceDiva wrote:My DD was with Top Talent for 3 years.
Didnt get a lot of castings but this was due to her age / height and certainly not due to the efforts of the agency.
Warren Bacci continues to be supportive of my DD in all she does and I found him to be an excellent, professional agent.

If you need any more info please PM me and I'll be glad to recommend further.
Hi DanceDiva
Thanks for replying.i have tried to pm you.
EVAfloss
Nominee

Post by EVAfloss »

By daughters have been with Top Talent this past year and have had no end of castings. Unfortunately we can no longer commit to traveling to London for the castings as it just costs us too much- train fares from the north at the last minute are stupid money. They really are great. I'd have no hesitations about recommending them. If only I could move to London.
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

EVAfloss wrote:By daughters have been with Top Talent this past year and have had no end of castings. Unfortunately we can no longer commit to traveling to London for the castings as it just costs us too much- train fares from the north at the last minute are stupid money. They really are great. I'd have no hesitations about recommending them. If only I could move to London.
Thank you EVAfloss.we are a long way away too.Are they understanding if you couldn't make an audition occasionally?
Dodger'smum
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dodger'smum »

EVAfloss wrote:By daughters have been with Top Talent this past year and have had no end of castings. Unfortunately we can no longer commit to traveling to London for the castings as it just costs us too much- train fares from the north at the last minute are stupid money. They really are great. I'd have no hesitations about recommending them. If only I could move to London.
Precisely the same situation we were in and it just became untenable - the number of castings was way too much for us as non-locals so GREAT news for Top Talent kiddies in the South East! I recall once getting a call in the middle of Tesco's asking DS to be ready with a passport the next day for a casting in Germany. We just couldn't do it and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Last month DS's current (lovely) agent sent us a last minute text for a commercial casting in London and we were there already for a matinee so were able to get to studios by the time requested. There was another boy there from Top Talent whose mum couldn't believe that they were only in the audition for about 10 minutes if that. It had cost her nearly £70 to get them there. It was their very first experience and she wasn't impressed. I don't think it's easy for anyone who's geographically out of it. DS got the job by the way :shock: , but only thanks to us having been in London by chance on the day.
dws2015
BRIT Award

Post by dws2015 »

Dodger'smum wrote:
Precisely the same situation we were in and it just became untenable - the number of castings was way too much for us as non-locals so GREAT news for Top Talent kiddies in the South East! I recall once getting a call in the middle of Tesco's asking DS to be ready with a passport the next day for a casting in Germany. We just couldn't do it and I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Last month DS's current (lovely) agent sent us a last minute text for a commercial casting in London and we were there already for a matinee so were able to get to studios by the time requested. There was another boy there from Top Talent whose mum couldn't believe that they were only in the audition for about 10 minutes if that. It had cost her nearly £70 to get them there. It was their very first experience and she wasn't impressed. I don't think it's easy for anyone who's geographically out of it. DS got the job by the way :shock: , but only thanks to us having been in London by chance on the day.
Hi Dodger's Mum. Well done to your DS! I am curious about how the relationship works -- what kind of auditions were you being sent to? Was there the possibility for you to limit the types of things that they put your DS forward for (e.g. not commercial work)? Did you have a one-to-one interaction with a particular agent, or were you managed by the team?

Thanks!
Ace
Nominee

Post by Ace »

My daughter has just signed up for her third year with Top Talent. I've found them fine. She doesn't get loads and loads of castings so it's manageable. She's had a few paid jobs and really enjoyed them.
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

My daughter was with Top Talent and only had a few auditions from them, none leading to paid work. The office staff were helpful and polite. I did not like the headshots they took of her , since then I have noticed they have changed the way they do headshots perhaps photographer. We are in the NW. I would not put anyone off them as I found them easy to deal with, the fact that my daughter did not get any work is not really down to them it's just one of those things. She does not have a quirky look and always seems to miss out either on age/location or accent something she will have to get used to as she has decided that acting is her career of choice.
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

Thank you for all the replies.can anyone tell me when you went to the initial photo shoot could you ask questions, speak to someone about your child,were they approachable ?
Ace
Nominee

Post by Ace »

They're very approachable and you'll be able to chat with them at the photo shoot. We've got our one on Sunday as they do new photos each year.
littleric14
BRIT Award

Post by littleric14 »

Ace wrote:They're very approachable and you'll be able to chat with them at the photo shoot. We've got our one on Sunday as they do new photos each year.
Oh Thanks,would be nice to meet some mew people.