Scream Management?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Scream Management?

Post by loladd33 »

Heard some bad things and good things, we’re up north so much ahrder to find agencies! Any advice or info from experience? Thank you x
whattodo
BRIT Award

Re: Scream Management?

Post by whattodo »

Personally i wouldn't! they now charge £10 a month for administration it seems too. We were with them and my ds was very successful, however they are terrible with communication, payment and told quite a few large lies. We are with a London agency now which so far has been great. Have you looked at Purple Giraffe, PHA or thought about an agency that covers London/Manchester?
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

Hi, can’t comment on the casting side as my DD attends their theatre school. However from what I have experienced they are lovely people. I have heard about the new admin fee though which I can understand puts people off! I’m not sure if the management side has shifted abit recently,since summer we have noticed certain high rated team members have disappeared without anybody mentioning it,plus lots of new faces have appeared,a lot of which also deal with the casting agency. Seems to me that perhaps someone else has taken the reins! Can’t complain though for the school side,they are very approachable and friendly with us and DD :) the agency does have an awful lot of kids,which was the main reason we went with a smaller agency xx
tracie
BRIT Award

Post by tracie »

Hi DS was with their agency and acting school. We left both once I realised it was a money machine. At the time we paid £75pm for the acting school which is daylight bloody robbery. He now goes to Television Workshop and loves it and its £120 per term............. I can only tell you what happened to us but they agency was not for us. They don't pay on time, we waited a year and a half for payment, they don't care about the child just about sending as many as possible to auditions even if they don't fit the speck. My son went for an audition once and was told by the director who had directed him before in something else that the role was to young for him and we should never have been sent for the audition, the communication is dire and I think they lie. Would I recommend this agency??? NO NO NO. We are with the most wonderful small agency now who actually care about my child and send him only for decent auditions. They are certainly not in it for the money like Scream. There are loads of good agencies in NW. Ora, Purple Giraffe, and I can speak from experience when I say Purple Giraffe as I know the girls who own it and they are lovely. Your child will always be put first by them. With Scream you will be paying for everything, admin charges, yearly charges, headshots etc etc, my Agency and lots of other Agencies including Purple Giraffe don't ask for anything, no charges at all just a% of what you earn from any jobs you get.
At the end of the day you have to go with what feels right for you, we all have done that and find out things along the way. Good luck. x
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

I agree with Tracie on Purple Giraffe,lovely ladies who run it and very honest and approachable:) we met with a lot of different agencies,including London ones and you just kind of know when it’s right for you :) xx
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Great thank you! X
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Purple Giraffe have apparently moved to Liverpool which is bad for us as we were fully considering it. Anyone got any info on this?
tracie
BRIT Award

Post by tracie »

PG have always been based in Liverpool. You do everything via emails, phone calls etc which is the norm. The only time we went to Scream wasn't for them to meet my child but for me to fill in forms and pay the money they wanted. Not sure I really understand your question
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

It doesn’t really matter where the agency is based as once you are with them most communication is by phone or email :) they all have access to the same jobs,a lot of which are likely to be London based,so the opportunities are the same :) hope this helps xx
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Realised after I sent the message my mistake - for some reason I thought it was based in Manchester! So if we joined PG would we have to go to monthly Casting workshops like at Ology? X
Moosmum
BRIT Award

Post by Moosmum »

No,they do like the child to be in regular training and they put on some workshops but they don’t mind if you miss some :) the workshops are fab though x
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

Have you tried Lime, Amber, Urban Talent, Drama Mob all Manchester
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Mamadetres wrote:Have you tried Lime, Amber, Urban Talent, Drama Mob all Manchester
Thanks I’ve looked into all of them but mainly considering Purple Giraffe x
thenorth2017
Nominee

Post by thenorth2017 »

It's always difficult finding a good agency - but there are a few in the North like has been said on other posts. We contacted a number of them and have applied to a small agency in Leeds called ASA Talent. They focus on mainly screen and TV work. We applied and then had to do a self tape that they requested (really useful info actually on their site about how to do one), we sent it off and they said they would be in contact in the new year. The people who run it seem very committed and they know what they are talking about - and NO fees - they were up front about that immediately.
Ellie8989899301
GRAMMY Award

Post by Ellie8989899301 »

Does anybody know what age Purple Giraffe represent up to?

Thank you.