Daisy & Dukes

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Daisy & Dukes

Post by Pandora II »

Couple of quick questions if anyone has 'been there, done that'...

DD should have an audition with them shortly and was wondering what the format was - do they take them off in groups or do I have to sit there in the same room?

How selective are they as an agency?

Also, is there any opportunity for a quick chat on the day? Have had some bad experiences with other agencies and don't want to get it wrong this time, especially as she has two other possibles coming up soon (all 3 are strong in different areas and all selective).

She's nearly 9, triple threat focused and not really interested in modelling so that worries me a bit as they seem more heavily involved in that side than the others.
lalaland
Nominee

Re: Daisy & Dukes

Post by lalaland »

My DS has been with D&D almost a year. I cannot recommend them highly enough. We have had lots of castings, pencils and bookings, their communication has been excellent.

It is a selective agency and we have never been put forward for modelling work. The audition was in a group environment with no parents. My DS was 5 at the time.

They are a very busy agency and will only realistically
take on children they believe they can find work for.

Good luck with your decision.
Cyrenna10
BRIT Award

Post by Cyrenna10 »

My daughter joined D&D in the last round of auditions and has been to casting for TVC and TV work so far. She's also been pencilled and I agree with the other comment that the agency is just great. The communication is fab and it's very well managed.
My daughter really enjoyed the audition process with the ladies and had a fab time on the day we went. At the time She was signed I hadn't realised just how selective the agency is but I agree with the previous comment that they are very selective and don't just sign without thinking they will be able to find your child work. I'd certainly recommend them very highly.
There probably won't be very much time on the day of the audition as the children are taken through in groups and it's a very long day for the agency debut the email they send out is very informed. Good luck!
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

Thank you for all the info - really helpful!

They've been in touch since we put in the application - offered to submit DD for a casting under their name even though she's not on their books yet.

DD was already on the audition list so we didn't take them up on it, but I was v impressed with their communications, how nice they seemed and how on the ball they were.

The fact they were offering to put her forward also gives me hope that they don't have another 20 identikit girls on their books (big problem with previous agencies).
Imistar
BRIT Award

Post by Imistar »

Hi, just wondering how you are getting on with a daisy and Dukes?
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

In the end we had offers from 3 agencies including D&D and went with a different one. Nothing wrong with D&D or the other one that we turned down, but there were some specific personal reasons why we went with the very small one that we eventually signed with.

Delighted with the choice we made, but would highly recommend D&D too,
Imistar
BRIT Award

Post by Imistar »

Thanks for the reply!
UndomesticGodess
Nominee

Post by UndomesticGodess »

Hi! Just wondering if anyones heard back yet after this months applications?