Mad Fish

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Knic
BRIT Award

Mad Fish

Post by Knic »

Hi all, newbie here.

My dd is 10 years old and we have recently entered the minefield of looking for agencies. She was invited to audition for top talent agency, however we were unable to attend the date given.

We also applied to Madfish Management, we were asked to send over an application form and today received a message saying they would love her on her books and they sent paperwork and contract over - It looks like there is an admin fee of around £35 and they are keen to put her on spotlight too so that is £98. Unlike other agencies they do not require money for a photo shoot.

I have a few questions though which I hope you can help with.

Does anyone have experience with Madfish Managment?
Is it normal to not be invited to meet face to face - I sent youtube videos of dd singing with application.
Are they a company who take on every applicant?

Any advice and opinions welcome and very much appreciated please.

Thank you so much for reading x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Mad Fish

Post by Marissa »

Not sure about that agency but My DD is with an agency and has never met them yet lol x we keep saying about it but it's never been the right time. Dd has had work too and we decided not to put her on spotlight yet as we were not sure how much work we wanted at the time x
Knic
BRIT Award

Post by Knic »

Hi thank you so much for your reply, it is so hard to find legit agencies. A few years back we shelled out quite a bit of money and joined an agency for dd to do modelling - turned out the agency took on practically every child they met :( So this time being extra cautious.

Any recommendations for agencies appreciated xx
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

https://filmsonashoestring.com/child-actors/

I think you will find it's reputable
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Have a look at the article in the thread below this one. Mad fish is one of the 20 recommended children's agencies. However I would always want my child (and I) to meet their agent.i think it's important to have that personal knowledge and I'm sure improves communication. I'm not sure how many they take on you'd have to ask them. Too many similar children means a lot of Internal competition to even get submitted, so it's worth asking.
If you are serious about wanting TV, film opportunities I think Spotlight is necessary, most casting directors will refer to it. Theatre and commercials I don't think it probably matters as much but then a lot of theatre is open casting anyway (particularly musical theatre). The admin fee is not something all agents charge either but if a one off it doesn't sound extortionate and if you like everything else it wouldn't figure too highly in my considerations.