Which agency Daisy&Dukes, Madfish, TTA, CS management, Hero

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

reallyreallynot
Nominee

Which agency Daisy&Dukes, Madfish, TTA, CS management, Hero

Post by reallyreallynot »

Hi all,

Newbie here! After much pestering from ds I emailed some agencies and the following got back to me: Debaoss, Daisy&Dukes, Madfish, TTA and Hero. Deboss, Madfish and TTA have offered ds representation and Hero and D&D have said they are interested and can he come to an assessment day. A friend's dd is with CS management and they are also interested in him and have asked to meet him. Hero have also asked me not to sign him with anyone until they have met him. I would really appreciate some advice as I genuinely have no idea which would be best for him. For some context - ds is 10, very into straight acting (rather than say presenting/dance etc) and would like to do feature films and theatre. He can't dance very well and isn't interested or suited to any big ensemble musicals as not v co-ordinated. He can sing quite well and has had lessons and sung solos in school plays. He has good comedic timing and has auditioned for and successfully performed comedic as well as serious roles. He is very gentle and although he is great on stage (I think!) he is not a 'natural performer' in the sense that in his everyday life he is not the centre of attention and is generally quiet and bookish so would not suit anywhere where the kids are supposed to be very confident and sell themselves iyswim. Does anyone have experience with any of these agencies?

At the moment I have the best gut feel for Hero and CS management just because they have been very quick with the communication and making me feel as though they really love ds. TTA and Deeboss seem a bit big so not sure they are right for us. Madfish have got some amazing credits but they have been sporadic with their emails and went quiet for a bit after initially saying they loved his self-tape but now want us to sign. D&D were also very prompt with emails but we couldn't make their last assessment day and next one is in Feb so we are not going to wait that long unless they really are a lot better than the others. Can anyone advise as to the right agency for a child who probably would not be suited to soaps or musicals with lots of dancing but would love to do Shakespeare or parts in serious dramas. Particularly keen to learn more about CS management as there doesn't seem to be much about them on the web. Thanks so much for reading to the bottom of this very long post!
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Re: Which agency Daisy&Dukes, Madfish, TTA, CS management, Hero

Post by Pandora II »

Heros would be my pick from those.
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I think there will be plenty of people out there with both positive and negative experiences of all the agents mentioned. I honestly believe you should meet an agent which enables you to get a proper feel for the kind of relationship you may be expecting to have. You are quite specific about what type of work your son is interested in and a discussion with an agent would elicit whether that was something they could support or if they actually agreed with you in that is where his talents lay. You may want to look at just how many children the agent represents - how many other boys of a similar age and look, as that could limit his opportunities due to agents not submitting every child on their books for every role even if they fit brief. Even if they have offered based on self tape, I would be pushing for a meeting. It's impossible to tell from email communication. Some agents have amazing communication, others just email you when a casting comes in and that is that. I know people who find that really frustrating - I know of people who feel like they are being a pain if they need or want to contact their agent, I couldn't work like that but some people prefer the business like approach. Check out what work they get. Some of those agencies tweet daily about castings /jobs and it'll give you an idea about whether it's tv/film/commercial/low budget /student/theatre etc. Don't be too hasty to think an agent loves your child just because they are quick to offer. I'd want to speak with them and find out what sort of work they think they'll be submitting my child for. Some agencies are huge and sign a lot of children. Good luck - sorry, I have opinions on some of those agencies but that's all they are! My child is not with any of those mentioned, but we have been with 1 poor agent in the past which made me much more careful when moving!
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

If you are southern/London based then meet with Hero, I can pm you if you like. But if you are in no hurry keep looking around. Good luck
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Hello all,

Thanks so much for taking the time to feedback! We are based in London so gingerbam if you could pm me that would be really helpful!

Thanks again!
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

reallyreallynot wrote:Hello all,

Thanks so much for taking the time to feedback! We are based in London so gingerbam if you could pm me that would be really helpful!

Thanks again!

oooo lucky you being in London, it makes for a far cheaper audition experience! Have sent you a pm.
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Thanks gingerbam just replied! And yes re being in London, although we are seriously thinking about moving out (we've been saying that for years though so maybe not that seriously! :lol: )
Imistar
BRIT Award

Post by Imistar »

Hi,
I was interested to know what agency you decided on in the end?? And why etc?!