When should I move on?

Give advice, ask questions and find out information about Agencies.

Moderator: busybusybusy

j78970712
Nominee

When should I move on?

Post by j78970712 »

Hello!

A young performer here looking for advice. I've been looking at getting a new agent, and one I emailed came back and showed interest saying they were keen and thought I would do well with them, so we set up a telephone meeting. We had a positive chat and I thought we clicked really well, she said she would talk to the rest of her team and would come back to me soon. I had an email from her two weeks later saying they would have to put new talent on pause for a few weeks, but now it's been nearly two months since our call. I'm now in a position where I don't know whether I should move on with my search or carry on waiting. If anyone could offer any advice, I would be extremely grateful!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Re: When should I move on?

Post by ACookie »

I would broaden your options. Approach some more agents making sure you tailor your letter/email to each specific agent. You really want to find an agent that is excited about having you on board..
It won't stop you going back to the original agent if they offer you rep in the meanwhile.
I have heard of several dropping clients recently and so it's not surprising. I also know of clients finding new agents at the moment, so if you are the right fit for someone they will sign you.
j78970712
Nominee

Post by j78970712 »

Thank you for your reply, I'll definitely try applying to more then. Do you have a list of good agencies, or know where I could find one?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Happy to suggest some, but your age and experience will probably dictate which agencies would be most appropriate. Are you over 16 and so out of licencing?
j78970712
Nominee

Post by j78970712 »

That would be great thank you! I am out of licencing and over 18