The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Yh I got the auto response but I just had to check :)
P.S. Does anyone know when you will hear if you are through to the next round?
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

thanks - brilliant opportunity

i'm amused at the 'all classes' though - from what they said, i read that as 'too many public school actors' - but it seems to me it's the middle class that gets left out these days - the eastenders/towie zeitgeist leaves (comparatively!!!!) plenty opps for genuine working-class actors
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I've sent DS's details. Got the auto response too.
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Okay everyone because I am super nosey I decided to ask about when you would find out if you had got to the next round. I was told that everyone who had got through would find out in July :D probe ruined my chances but oh well :roll:
Good luck everyone :lol:
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

I'm sure it wouldn't! They may have liked that you were eager!
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

Haha maybe :) but I'm happy that I know and could tell everyone else :D
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

You gave me some peace of mind and stopped us NAPMers from bombarding them with questions asking about when we'd hear anything.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

July is absolutely ages away though :) I wondered if they would run through the applications as they came in and eliminate the non-Londoners first (which we are). I applied anyway as DD goes to London twice a week already and we are closer to central London than people who live at the ends of the tube lines. At least we can put it out of our minds for now and hope we might stand a chance. Didn't realise it was only 16 people though, though it might be a bit more than that - what if someone has to drop out ...
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Only 16 people! Wow
LaceyLou
Nominee

Post by LaceyLou »

Anyone heard any news on this yet? Or had a reply?
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Still no news yet for me! Anybody else got any new?! Although Cupcakephoebz someone saying that they are saying whether or not they want people in July!
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Seems a bit silly leaving it til July - (a) people go on holidays and (b) not everyone has access to their emails while they are away .... Would be awful to miss the opportunity just because you didn't get the message in time. [-o<
emma7
BRIT Award

Post by emma7 »

I agree that leaving the casting to July cuts out so many potential candidates. I called them ages ago and got the response that they were busy with other castings (adults) and hadn't worked out when they would start to look at the 'Young Players'. At the time, anticipating this, I said- 'well, does the casting director realise that children in London often travel or have other activities out of London in late July and August and the person I spoke to said - 'oh, I'm sure they know this'. Well, I doubt they have thought about this really.I think they are used to adult actors who are available all the time and are not a part of a family that have other children, activities etc... I emailed them today to again reiterate this point (in a very nice way), but, frankly, I doubt anyone is even reading the emails and probably won't look at any of the submissions until they start the actual process.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

emma7 wrote:I agree that leaving the casting to July cuts out so many potential candidates. I called them ages ago and got the response that they were busy with other castings (adults) and hadn't worked out when they would start to look at the 'Young Players'. At the time, anticipating this, I said- 'well, does the casting director realise that children in London often travel or have other activities out of London in late July and August and the person I spoke to said - 'oh, I'm sure they know this'. Well, I doubt they have thought about this really.I think they are used to adult actors who are available all the time and are not a part of a family that have other children, activities etc... I emailed them today to again reiterate this point (in a very nice way), but, frankly, I doubt anyone is even reading the emails and probably won't look at any of the submissions until they start the actual process.
I've sent them an email asking when they were giving out auditions and nothing......
RKA, took admissions early and gave out auditions around a month or two before. This way people knew to keep there schedule clear, it would be nice if they did the same here.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

And just I posted that I got an email from them saying that we would get news in a few weeks.
They went on to say that everybody would get a chance to audition
HOORAH! A fair casting where all will be invited to audition, unless they're only saying that for my sake :-k
I'll give them the benefit if the doubt :D
Last edited by SNN on Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.