The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

Post by DQsMum »

beanie-bean wrote:My dd went along this morning. I have to say that it was very well organised, we got there about 11:30 and had to wait about 40 mins. I thought we would have to wait much longer.. Good luck to everyone else going for this. xxx
Thanks Beanie-bean for posting this - we got back 1am and go this afternoon so v reassuring.
If 2 rooms then they can see 1000 kids in 4 days which is number alluded to in a previous post!

Good luck to ALL NAPM dc
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm
Twototango
BRIT Award

Post by Twototango »

Attended auditions yesterday and found it to be well organised and not too exhausting (well not for me anyway)
The casting experience was pleasant for 13 year old who came away upbeat. Good experience and a reality check re: competitive nature of the industry.

Plenty of cafes in the area for a snacks too, but London prices! :D ! Good luck to those trying out.
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

SNN wrote:I'm there on the 27th, morning slot :D
us too - what time are you intending to get there?

had a lot of complications as ds is on the cusp of the age range - but they were amazing at sorting it out
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

mathsmum wrote:
SNN wrote:I'm there on the 27th, morning slot :D
us too - what time are you intending to get there?

had a lot of complications as ds is on the cusp of the age range - but they were amazing at sorting it out
We are going to try to get there early (9:30 to 10ish) . You?
nellybelly
Nominee

Post by nellybelly »

I just came back from my audition :D it was very well organised and the staff were very nice :D but it was my first audition and I was so nervous, it went terribly :cry:
I wish I could go back in time and do it again :cry: getting results first week of september :?
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

nellybelly wrote:I just came back from my audition :D it was very well organised and the staff were very nice :D but it was my first audition and I was so nervous, it went terribly :cry:
I wish I could go back in time and do it again :cry: getting results first week of september :?
First week of September! That it too long to wait! I'm sure you did great!
Did you just go in and so your monologue and leave or did you have to answer any questions?
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

SNN wrote: We are going to try to get there early (9:30 to 10ish) . You?
have pm'd you
nellybelly
Nominee

Post by nellybelly »

SNN wrote:
nellybelly wrote:I just came back from my audition :D it was very well organised and the staff were very nice :D but it was my first audition and I was so nervous, it went terribly :cry:
First week of September! That it too long to wait! I'm sure you did great!
Did you just go in and so your monologue and leave or did you have to answer any questions?
Yeah, before my monologue they asked me a few questions; What is your name? How old are you? Where do you live? Do you have any experience? Why do you want to be part of the Globe Young Players Company? :D
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

mathsmum wrote:
SNN wrote: We are going to try to get there early (9:30 to 10ish) . You?
have pm'd you
Got it and replied
DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by DQsMum »

The Globe are doing a FAB job with this casting process so far, =D> =D> =D>

they have been clear and timely in their communication, organisation today was efficient and friendly, we were told og=f our hour wait, and it was almost to the minute! DD enjoyed her slot, auditioners were friendly and put her at ease.

I would say - if you are going, enjoy. And secondly, how can we encourage the industry to adopt some of these practices which surely must make their lives less stressful, and are certainly easier going on the DCs emotions (and our nerves!)

I agree that early Sept for replies is possibly late - we had these instructions a week before audition so I would hope those recalled will have similar notice as surely more to learn?
If anyone gets any clearer guideline on when we will hear from them, please do post on this thread.

Fingers Xxxxxxxxd [-o< [-o< [-o<
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

I was expecting to queue around the block but the process was quick and easy!
They were EXTREMELY kind and friendly (maybe too friendly :-s ) and very well organised.
The ticketing system was used efficiently, the casting team were very fun and kind. They were very casual and put me at ease as well!
I agree with DQs mum, more auditions need to be scheduled and organised like this one!
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

seats and space - luxury!!!!
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

mathsmum wrote:seats and space - luxury!!!!
Hahahahahaha!
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

Gutted as poorly dd on Friday...good luck to everyone else. Delighted to hear how well organized it was. It will be interesting to see how many of their Saturday group end up getting in- as they've been there all year working and known etc?
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

DS has just come out apparently..
he said they were really friendly, and it went as well as it could..
odds are against him of course but I am really proud as he is wayyyy out of his comfort zone (no jazz hands allowed) ;) :lol: :lol:

He recited song lyrics with a bit of Gaelic in them...and chose Richard III

good luck to everyone - I hope that at least one of us here on the board gets to recall stage

x
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE