The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: The Globe Young Players -casting this summer

Post by CatKat_0 »

So sad for those who didn't get through - I have you in my thoughts, and understand how you must be feeling - its horrible. Well done to those who did get through though - congratulations, and sending positive vibes to you for the next round.

This is bound to be a great experience. Can't wait to see how it all ends and I do hope it's the start of something on a more regular basis for the kids. There are so many talented children out there, hopefully they will become the future of the RSC and The Globe. Perhaps those that don't get in this time, will have more success next time round.
DQsMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by DQsMum »

=D> =D> =D>
SNN, Riverdancefan and Twototango - Huge congratulations on making the next round, we are gunning for you!

DD sadly not recalled, :cry: she says OK, but I feel not entirely as she actually really does love Shakespeare! Still, only 12, so we hope they do it again in the future....onward and upward....

I could do with a 'yes' sometime soon, DH and rest of family think we barking up a very tall (wrong) tree. :cry:

Go NAPMers... \:D/
"I have to act to live" - Sir Lawrence Olivier / http://www.starnow.co.uk/georgiehm
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Wow! Just catching up with this after our hols.

Fantastic news that some NAPMs made it through - there is some amazing talent out there and it sounds hugely competitive, so it's a massive testament to your DCs that they are in consideration.

And for everyone whose DCs didn't get recalled - well done for getting them this far. Hope they're not too disappointed and have enjoyed the process. Although its not much consolation, it's all good experience, isn't it?

Looking forward to hearing what happens next, and fingers crossed for 'our kids'

Deb x
supamum
BAFTA Award

Post by supamum »

well done to the children recalled for this, what a great experience :D
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Congratulations to you SNN, and to your ds riverdancefan and Twototango on the recalls =D> =D> =D> Good Luck for them :D

So sorry your dds didn't get recalls DQsMum, beanio-bean, letitshine, rebeccaM and yoyo1 :( I hope they've got plenty of other things going on to help them move on. My dd or ds could never have even tried for something like this so well done going for it in the first place =D> =D> =D>
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Humph
GRAMMY Award

Post by Humph »

Well done to all the children who have a recall and to all those who tried in this very hard profession . Well done to the parents who support you all \:D/
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

ds didn't get a recall either - it so makes that easier to live with to know that other kids on here did - snn - as we've had so much conversation - special congrats to you - go for it!!!!!!
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

mathsmum wrote:ds didn't get a recall either - it so makes that easier to live with to know that other kids on here did - snn - as we've had so much conversation - special congrats to you - go for it!!!!!!
Haha! :D thanks
Sorry about your DS, I hope he's taking it well and good luck to him in the future
mathsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by mathsmum »

ach - he's fine - he went on a 4 day acting course last week and they said the only reason they didn't try to to persuade him to go full time is he's 2 years too young, so i think his ego is suitably stroked!!! :)
Life is complex - some of it is real, some of it is imaginary.
Kira
Nominee

Post by Kira »

Got through to the second round of auditions :) anyone else going?
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Kira wrote:Got through to the second round of auditions :) anyone else going?
Well done! If you go back a page or two you'll see the other NAPMers who have gotten through.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Congratulations! Good luck for the next round =D> =D> =D>
SNN wrote:Well done! If you go back a page or two you'll see the other NAPMers who have gotten through.
Gotten? Are you coming over all American, y'all? 8) 8) 8)

Deb x
Twototango
BRIT Award

Post by Twototango »

Congratulations! I see you are also new to the forum. Hope to see you at the workshops. :D
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Flosmom wrote:
Congratulations! Good luck for the next round =D> =D> =D>
SNN wrote:Well done! If you go back a page or two you'll see the other NAPMers who have gotten through.
Gotten? Are you coming over all American, y'all? 8) 8) 8)

Deb x
Haha! :lol:
I stayed in America for two weeks and a lot of the 'lingo' rubbed off on me. Sometimes I randomly go into an American accent and start using their 'slang'. It's quite weird :?
Twototango
BRIT Award

Post by Twototango »

Has anyone got their recall paperwork for this? I assume we will get a bit more information soon but wondered when? :D
We have a few busy weekends ahead!