National Theatre Connections Winners 2014

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

noonebanana
Nominee

National Theatre Connections Winners 2014

Post by noonebanana »

Hi I'm new here! 8)
Just wondering if any of you know much about National Theatre Connections?
DD and her Drama School have beaten about 300 other companies to win an oppurtunity to perform their adaptation of the play at the National Theatre in London in July! :D
Was just wondering if anyone had participated in this before?
We've been told to expect lots of high profile audience members including agents and casting directors, but was wondering is this likely?
This is no doubt an amazing opportunity, but is it anything actually likely to come from it?
Thanks so much x
Last edited by noonebanana on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: National Theatre Connections Winners 2014

Post by pg »

I think it is pretty high profile. Many congratulations to them! It's hard to say what might come of it. If your dd (or anyone else in the company) is hoping for CDs and agents to come - then it would be a good idea to invite them :D - don't leave it to the theatre (unless they have asked you to do so - or given any sort of instruction not to write). Are you hoping for representation from this? If so, then a specific invitation with details about the show to any agents you are particularly interested in is probably a good idea. Agents and CDs are invited to shows all the time. They might not have time to come - but they are more likely to go to something at the National than to lots of other places!
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

I went with dd last year to see the winner at the National Theatre and it was brilliant. Someone on here had a dd in it, can't remember who but I hope he/she can share the afterConnections experience.
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

Hi Begolina,

It was my DD who was in the final last year :lol: I've replied to noonebanana on her other post on the Congratulations page but have only just seen your post. Glad you enjoyed it last year - the students definitely did :lol: The companies that get through to the last ten have to wait three years before applying again which is good as it means there's new talent coming through each time. The tickets weren't expensive so if you want to see some youth drama I would recomend that you have a look at the National Theatre website as it should list all the shows that the youth companies are doing in July. \:D/ \:D/
begolina
BAFTA Award

Post by begolina »

Thanks Livvy2, I will do. Congratulations again, very lucky to have such a good theatre youth group :D
noonebanana
Nominee

Post by noonebanana »

Thank you very much, this is very helpful!
We are absolutely delighted to have been selected. :)