KIDS ON BROADWAY HOLIDAY TO NEW YORK NEW YORK

heard a rumor or got some gossip?

Moderator: busybusybusy

shufflesister
Nominee

KIDS ON BROADWAY HOLIDAY TO NEW YORK NEW YORK

Post by shufflesister »

KIDS ON BROADWAY
A Luxury Performing Arts Holiday in New York, New York for all young performers ages 8-16+ and their accompanying parent/guardian. We provide the SHOWBIZ, you decide the rest!
October Half Term - Monday 22nd - Friday 26th October 2018
www.redroofs.co.uk/Kids-on-Broadway-2018
Kasmum
BRIT Award

Re: KIDS ON BROADWAY HOLIDAY TO NEW YORK NEW YORK

Post by Kasmum »

Not really convinced they can advertise this as a holiday. Correct me if I'm wrong but you must organize and pay for flights and accommodation, they organize the workshops whilst you are there.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Can’t quite get my head around the price :-k ... for what?
You can organise private singing lessons when in NYC with any number of Broadway performers ( we’ve done it ) check their websites, DS has had lessons with Lindsay Mendez, one to one at a reasonable price.
There are also other things you can organise too. Tours of theatres, walks around broadway, all good and prices negotiable.

No flights - you pay
No hotel - you pay ( they could have negotiated a deal for yu all on accommodation at least )
A meal at Ellen’s ( it’s a lovely experience anytime you are there) doesn’t need to be private, you still get serenaded.
Two shows - unless it’s Dear Evan Hansen and Hamilton.. you would be mad to pay this.

You can have amazing workshops here, you don’t need to fly to NYC for this and pay eye watering prices, we all know that incredible performers here very often offer their services, it’s not going to get the child seen or spotted in any way.

I’m calling SHADE on this one!!!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

I thought exactly the same,it's ridiculous.
We saw 3 shows on Broadway for $40 each just by getting in a queue at the box office first thing in the morning.
I kept re reading it thinking I had missed the bit about flights or accommodation!